Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Crafty Lady...

I have completed two craft projects in the last few weeks.

The first was a new purse. Once again I pulled out the pattern and cut out the pieces for the next quilted fabric purse. The pattern is from the first of these purses I purchased in 2005 and carefully cut apart when it wore out. I decided to go with spring colors since that is the majority of the time this new purse will be used. Plus, it is an uplift to the spirits to have this light colored purse.

As I cut the fabric I found this little critter on the fabric. That's right. A cute little lady bug. It crawled around the entire time I was cutting the fabric. Kinda nice to have a little visitor while I worked.
I was really happy with how this one turned out. Same pattern. Same kind of fabric. I have even made one out of this pattern before. But this one just seemed to go together great. Love the feel of it on my should and the size of all the pockets is perfect this time.
One of the young adults I have taught in the Institute class at Church is getting married. Time to crochet a bit. This time I made the piece into a throw pillow for them. I really love how this turned out.
With a road trip in our future, I have picked out the Christmas ornament to give away this Christmas. I will try and get the crochet work done on them on the drive home.

There is something very fulfilling about creating something with your hands. I can feel the arthritis getting more intense in my hands and arms but I will keep on going as long as I can. I may be a little slower in completing the projects, but I truly believe I need to keep creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment