Sunday, February 11, 2018

Friday and Saturday Tidbits...

Friday morning, February 9th, I checked my Facebook. This is what I found. As I told my friend, Laura, "I have no words".
I spent a good bit of Friday taking Papa for a nice long drive. We left Georgetown and found Hwy 460 to Paris. On the other side of Paris we took 537 till it joined Hwy 60 on into Owingsville. In Owingsville we picked up Hwy 36 south to Flemingsburg where we found Hwy 460 again and followed it back to Paris. We went through Paris on Hwy 68 to Hwy 1973 Ironworks Pike and took it back to Georgetown. Then followed 25 back to the nursing home. Papa totally enjoyed this ride and kept saying, "We have to do this again in the spring when all the leaves are out." I have it taped in his atlas so we can do just that.

Saturday morning I attended the Inservice for Seminary and Institute teachers. Excellent training.

When I got to my car to go see Papa before going home, I check my cell phone for messages. A text came from Andie that Bailey was now using the cane we got Hayden for fun. It seems she had a 'scratched muscle' and really needed help walking. I asked Andie if I needed to find a second cane. Andie assured me Hayden was happy sharing and we should let him learn that skill. Oh the joy of raising kidlings.

Katelyn started posting some really neat pictures on Facebook. Drew, her hubby, loves ice hockey. He is a dyed in the wool Red Wings fan and loves to play himself. Evidently Drew and his friends had a game in Grand Rapids Saturday. These are the pictures Katelyn posted that I saved.
  
Just love Raelyn watching her daddy on the ice. She does love him so.

We put the chair to be reupholstered in the Jeep on Friday night. Heather said we could deliver it to her home Saturday afternoon. Getting it in the Jeep is a story in itself. Claude and I both remember it not fitting in the Jeep so we put the seats down in my Envision and put the chair in there to get it home. Well, it would not go into the Envision no matter how we tried. We measured and tried on its back, side, legs first, top first, you name it, we tried it. Nothing worked. So Claude had to take the seat out of his Jeep and we put the chair in the back of the Jeep. Saturday afternoon as we left to take it to Heather I sent this picture to Nissa and Todd telling them the process was started.
What a ridiculous picture to put on a Blog! 

No comments:

Post a Comment