Sunday, February 25, 2018

Ol' Noah He Built Him an Arky, Arky...

We have had a bit of rain. Thursday, February 22nd, I looked out the windows to the creek at the bottom of our property. Well, it was a mite swollen. If you look to the right, you can clearly see a tree in the middle of the creek. That should be on the back of the creek closest to where I was standing. In reality, the water from the creek was completely covering the flat part of our property along the creek. The width of that is about the width of a football field. It was completely under water. So, yep, we had a bit of rain.
I waited till the afternoon to make my daily visit to Papa. I paused at the bridge built over the creek to take pictures and some video. These pictures are around the bridge over the creek at the entrance to Eagle Bend.
You could hear the water lapping under the bridge while standing on this concrete bridge. A little disconcerting. But it wasn't over the top of the bridge and that is a good thing. The dam was not visible because of the amount of water going over it. The old USGS gauging station tower is usually on bare ground and you would have to climb to where it is in the picture.

I always marvel when it floods. I always take pictures when it is this big. I now think, "Do I need more pictures?" and the answer is always, "Why yes, yes you do!" Silly Moi. Nature is an amazing thing. There is a lot of power in that water. A lot of power.

No comments:

Post a Comment