Sunday, February 11, 2018

The Ice Man Cameth...

Tuesday, February 6th and through the night into Wednesday, February 7th the ice came. At least in Sadieville we had a nice coating of ice. We have had worse over the years. But there was definitely ice over everything that would last for a couple of days on the trees and plants. Here are some pictures  from our yard on Wednesday.
Wednesday stayed cloudy all day. However, Thursday the sun came out and it just makes the ice sparkle. I took a walk around our yard and tried to get a few more pictures of the ice with a little sparkle to it.
Thursday afternoon as I drove in to visit with Papa, the sun hit the left side of I-75 as I drove south to Georgetown. Most of the ice was gone from the trees on that side of I-75. However, the very tops of the trees had ice in them and it was stunning to look at as you drove by. Then the ice started to twinkle just like someone filled the tops of those trees with twinkling Christmas lights. So very pretty. 

I love looking at the ice with the sun on it. Reminded me of a time in Maryland when we had a major ice storm. After it was done and the roads were safe, we drove over to the Baltimore area where Andie and Michael were living to visit them. Claude stopped every where I asked so that I could take pictures. Just loved that little drive enjoying the beauty in which we live.

No comments:

Post a Comment