Sunday, February 25, 2018

Extra Stuff...

Tuesday, February 20th, I took Papa for a drive. I pulled into Love's to get a Mello Yello at Hardee's to keep me going during the drive. As I pulled in, I saw these interestingly painted cars. Piqued my curiosity I tell you. Piqued it did. 
I pulled up to the window of the drive-thru to pay and mentioned to the girl that I was hoping to get a picture of these cars. I told her I wondered what they were. She told me they were cars that Toyota was taking for a test drive. There were three of them and a Lexus that was painted black. Very interesting I tell you. Sadieville is a hub of interesting things. Often they are found at the Love's Travel Plaza.

I have a good husband. The man bought these flowers for me and I didn't notice them until later in the day. Purple even. My favorite color and Daisies. Goodness he is good.
Then the mail came and he got a package. Turns out it was these interesting things. He bought a set of two for his Jeep and a set of two for my Envision. What shall I hang on them? Decisions, decisions, decisions. 
And he also ordered Ancestry DNA kits for each of us. His suggestion was that we switch names on our samples and see what happened. We did not do that.  
Crafty me. Finished this piece of cross-stitch. It was not easy from the stand point of the type of fabric and how tiny it was. The pattern was not hard. The fabric is an uneven weave and you count two little threads of the fabric for each half of a stitch. It is a replica of a Frank Lloyd Wright window. Totally love Frank Lloyd Wright designs. Purchased this piece at Falling Waters in West Virginia years ago and just now finished it. I believe that is the last kit I had that I had not done. Yeah me!! 
I also gave up on surprising Nissa with a table cloth. I sent her a text and told her what I was doing and that it took me two years to complete Andie's. Nissa has a new table and will send me the measurements. Until then, I have now started and completed the first square of Nissa's dining room tablecloth. 
Junie, my sister, sent Papa a letter. It arrived at our home Saturday. I took it when I visited Papa today. This is him reading it. He was very happy to hear from her. 
Now, this is just silly. A statement of the vanity of the world today. A shoe that you can put you cell phone in to take a selfie!!!! I cannot begin to express how ridiculous this it. For one thing, women of my age group would be hard pressed to hold their leg up to take this picture. For another you would only want to do that in pants. I mean really! For another it is ego gone awry. Go ahead. Laugh. I did.
That's all folks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment