Tuesday, April 17, 2018

A Week's Worth of Life...

This was a typical week. As I reviewed, I didn't find tons that was really interesting.

Wednesday, April 11th, I had a morning at home. Then I went to the nursing home to play a DVD for the residents with Papa and visit with him. Dinner at Arby's. Then taught Institute. This time Darin Griffith visited our class. He is the Church Education System person over us. We had a nice class that evening.

Thursday, April 12th, Claude led our monthly Self-Reliance Committee meeting. Good attendance. Claude let us in a nice activity. He gave each of us a sheet of paper and asked us to take a few quiet minutes to ponder what we felt we needed to do the support the Stake better. After a few minutes, we shared ideas and the group discussed one item each of us wrote. Great ideas. Good exercise.

Friday, April 13th, I took Papa out of the nursing home for the afternoon to go on a car ride. We drove to LaGrange using the back roads. We picked up Hayden and took him with us to Dairy Queen for ice cream. Papa had his usual chocolate shake. I had my usual Mango Pineapple Smoothie. Hayden enjoyed a Blizzard. Then we took Hayden home. As we were leaving Dairy Queen, Hayden looked up at me and said, "I had a really good time." Such a little thing. He walked on one side of Papa and I on the other to go in and out so Papa kept his balance. Just that little act of an outing and helping his great Grampa made for a good moment in his life. I like that.

Friday evening we called and talked with Jake, our son. His birthday is tomorrow and he is not sure where he will be on his birthday evening. So we had a nice conversation when we were all available. He made a trip to Kirtland, Ohio for a Sunstone Conference. He shared all about it. Fun to hear of his adventures. Makes we want to revisit Kirtland.

Saturday was Inservice for Institute and Seminary teachers. I gave the devotional thought. Good meeting. Then I drove to Georgetown and visited Papa for a few hours before going back to Sadieville.

Sunday, April 16th, while visiting Papa I tried to fix his headphones. I finally just had to tell him I couldn't figure it out and they needed to go back to Best Buy to see what we could do. 

Sunday evening Claude and I had tickets to see Les Miz in Louisville. Great performance. We tried to remember when we last saw this musical. We both think it was when we lived in Maryland and we saw it at the National Theater. The staging was different and it was really good. 
Monday, April 16th, I had to address Papa's headphone issue. He really relies on having the TV on and dozing through most of it. But he really can't listen to it at top volume. I disconnected the newest headset from the television and also took the old one and headed off to Best Buy in Lexington. I was sent directly to the Geek Squad counter. Prompt service. He determined the headset is not getting a full charge. Off to Batteries Plus to purchase another battery. Then a quick stop at Krispy Kreme down the street to take a treat to Claude. Back to the nursing home and plugged everything in again. Tried to help Papa understand the need to get the headset on the charger precisely or he would always have this problem. This may take a bit more training but we'll get there.

We are still having winter weather. When I opened the garage door to get the mail before going to Georgetown, I saw an amazing sleet/snow storm coming down. I took a few pictures as it started to build up. It was fast moving and didn't really accumulate a lot. But I would be through several of these storms during my travels Monday afternoon.
And that is a normal week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment