Monday, May 14, 2018

Lessons From Life...

It was time to weed my flower beds. on Monday, May 30th, I started with my front yard. I planned to only do that and then begin the back yard the next day. However, I managed to finish the front a little quicker than I thought I would, so I went to the back yard to just get the hosta bed weeded.

When I walked around to the bed, I saw this beauty standing among the weeds. It occurred to me there are a ton of life lessons in that little purple tulip standing tall amongst the weeds. The old phrase "Bloom Where You Are Planted" passed through my mind. So I paused and just looked at this little wonder and soaked in all I was to learn from my one purple tulip. Stand strong amidst adversity. Hold tight to your values no matter what. Etc., Etc., Etc. Next I pulled out my cell phone and took this picture so I would always remember this moment.
Then I weeded and got the hostas ready to get bigger and fill in their bed without the weeds.  
I just love when life gives me pause and teaches me valuable lessons. 

No comments:

Post a Comment