Sunday, May 13, 2018

Sometimes Life is Ordinary...

Friday, April 20, was a normal day...for us.

I started my day off by going to Main Street Retreat and having Tyra cut my hair. If you ever saw the movie Steel Magnolias and you listen to Daryl Hannah do a southern accent. Particularly the scene where she loses her contact lens and yells, "My contact! I lost my contact! Don't anybody move!", well, that sounds like Tyra. She has a strong accent and I love to hear her talk and tell the adventures in her life. So, getting a haircut is a fun outing and visit. 

Claude finished up a woodwork project. He had a large piece of wood he prepared for use when restoring my grandmothers old treadle sewing machine. He ended up not needing it. What to do with that nice board all sanded and stained? What to do? What to do? After careful thought he was impressed to make a coffee table with a trestle base. Once again, he did a beautiful job. When I saw it completed, it appeared to me it would be great to put a couple of little kid chairs at and make it into a kid's table. I shared that idea with Claude and he was quite taken with it. He has pondered it a bit and is now thinking about making another table and four little stools (two for each table). Then he could give one set to each of the great grandmonsters. We'll see what happens as he continues his woodworking fun.
This day I also finished the fourth row of Nissa's tablecloth. Yeah me!! As of today I actually have the fifth row completed and have started on the sixth row. There will be fourteen rows in the length when finished before the edge is crocheted on. I love this pattern. 
That is a pretty ordinary day around our home. Add a visit to Papa and a visit to City Hall, etc. and there you have it. I like these days when you get to the end and you feel good about what you have done in that day. This was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment