Friday, December 28, 2018

So Pretty...

While in China, we visited two places and purchased items from each to decorate our home. 

The first was after we took our calligraphy class in Xi'an. After we did our lesson and tried our hand at calligraphy, we were invited to purchase a piece with art already painted on it. We could then pick out the wording we wanted put on it in Chinese calligraphy. We picked a piece with a peony painted on it (this is the national flower of China). We asked for it to have Claude, Sandi and Christensen put on it. 

The second piece was purchased when we toured Yuan Long Silk Store in Beijing. It was a piece of beautiful silk embroidery. 

When we got home, we visited Michael's with a great coupon and picked out black frames for both so it would look like the lacquer furniture for which China is famous. The order was placed for these pieces to be framed.

Tuesday, April 25th, I received a text from Michael's. The artwork was framed and ready for pick up. I had taken Papa for a car ride and after leaving him at his apartment, I went into Lexington to pick up our framed artwork. The young man opened each piece which they wrapped in brown paper to protect the work. They looked amazing. I was so very happy and pronounced them great. Then I hurried out to Sadieville to set them out and get a picture to send to Claude. He was on a business trip in Jekyll Island, Georgia and would not be home until Friday evening.

I opened each piece carefully and placed them on the red chair for their picture. That is when I realized the problem. We never discussed which was the top and bottom on the calligraphy piece.Michael's had placed the zigzag hook on the end with the flower thinking that was the top. In reality, the peony was on the bottom and the writing went from right to left with Claude being over the peony, then Sandi in the middle and Christensen on the left side. Oops!! I could not do anything about this until Friday.
Friday afternoon I made my way to Lexington. The lady at Michael's told me it was no problem. She took the piece directly to the back and changed the hook from one end to the other. Sweet! This was great to have right. Now we just have to hang them. 

The extra bonus for me was that I was near Chipotle. So I treated myself to my favorite veggie burrito bowl. I was a very happy girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment