Thursday, May 9, 2019

Crafting with a Purpose...

History first...

My mother made my father something called a bone neck pillow. She actually made many of them for him. When he went to the nursing home, I kept two for him to take. One of those went missing so I made him two more so he would have two he used and an extra if one came up missing. After making these, I thought, now that would be a nice piece of history to make for each member of our family. So, I set to work thinking they would make fun Christmas gifts. 

History second...

Some time back, Katelyn sent me an item she found on Pinterest and really wanted. It was a little pillow with a cross-stitch label that stated the shirt the pillow was made from was from a loved one who had passed away. But, when you hugged the pillow, you would feel them near. Again, I set to work to make as many of these pillows as I had shirts of Papa's that he had out grown or worn completely out. 

Picture next...
These are a few of the creations. As it turns out, we will see all of our family over this week. It dawned on me that we could give these for Mother's Day and Father's Day and fill our family with a little family history at the same time. We took the Marx family theirs on Monday and will take the others to Michigan this weekend. It feels good to have done this and to share these with our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment