Thursday, May 9, 2019

Just a Few Things...

Our Andie teaches 1st grade. She is always happy to create a costume or whatever is needed to liven up the day for the kids and other teachers. This is her rendition of a Derby Day hat made of tissue paper for this year's observance of Oaks Day and Derby Day in Kentucky. I am sure her fellow teachers and students will love this creation. I was particularly fond of the glasses on the end of her nose with this hat. She is stylin'!!
Claude and I will make a trip to South Africa this year. We are watching this television series about all of Africa done by the BBC and some on other channels. One of these programs had Robert Redford as the narrator. He quoted an African Proverb as part of the documentary he narrated. I really liked it. It states, "If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together." I just find that profound,

Tuesday, May 7th, I had my final Twinplex shot. This is a combination Hepatitis A&B shot. Claude has also finished his series of shots. We should be ready for Africa now.

Also on Tuesday, Claude found an ad for the next Harry Potter movie accompanied by the Louisville Orchestra. I snapped this picture of the ad and sent a text to Hayden, Bailey and Andie asking if there was interest. Lots of exclamations points and capital letters of enthusiasm from the Mini's. I assured them they needed to clear that the date was okay before I bought tickets. Andie said we could work with the Saturday date. Tickets were purchased that evening. I sent a confirming text back to our Mini's and Andie to mark their calendars as tickets were purchased. Bailey said, "You have made me so happy!" How nice is that? 
Wednesday I opened my new curling iron. The old one gave up the ghost this week. I don't know why products can't last longer than 14 years...bwah ha ha ha. As I was blow drying my hair and decided to read the little paper with the warnings and instructions for amusement. Number 7 under warnings made me laugh right out loud. It read, "Never use while sleeping." I mean really. Has someone done that and then sued because they burned their hair off? Goodness. I posted this on Facebook so others could have a chuckle. The cutest response was our son, Jake. He is the youngest with two older sisters. His comment, "I think that instruction is there for older sisters who are inclined to antagonize little brothers." I wonder if we scarred him in some manner. Again, I had a chuckle at that. Isn't it interesting that a new curling could give so much happiness.

We attended our Adult Religion class Wednesday morning. Then we went on our mission to find a blessing outfit for Miss Emelia. Katelyn was going to use the one I made for Raelyn, however, Raelyn was about 3 months old when she was blessed so that dress is way too big. You know what, they don't keep a section in stores of blessing gowns or little white dresses for those occasions anymore. To me, that speaks of the world's losing touch with religion and the things that were important to us at one time. Very sad. I remembered needing to buy a white shirt for someone, I think it was Paul, and I couldn't find a white dress shirt in any of the stores in Georgetown. Again, we are drifting away from those religious things we used to practice. Now you can wear just about anything to church. I'm still a big proponent and believer in being at my best when I go to worship Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. Any way, at the fifth store that morning, we found this cute little outfit. There had been a few 3 month dresses but they would also have swallowed our not quite 8 pound bundle of joy. Sent this picture via text to Katelyn and Nissa and received resounding approval from each of them. So, this is what our nugget will be blessed in on Mother's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment