Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Monday, April 10th thru Sunday, April 16th...

Monday, April 10th, although I needed to catch up on my blogging after the trip, I was very grateful on Monday to do other things besides labeling pictures and blogging. It was also the beginning of preparation for my colonoscopy on Wednesday. This day I was supposed to eat carefully. I opted for Claude to fix us grilled cheese and macaroni and tomato soup. Delicious. 

I spent a good bit of time filing a claim with the travel insurance for reimbursement of the airfare we purchased in New Zealand to get from Wellington to Christchurch when the ferry could not take us across Cook Strait. This entailed calling the insurance company, filing the claim, getting them to eMail me the form, completing the form, scanning the form and all backup documentation, and submitting via eMail to the insurance company. Cumbersome but, I think I got it right. We'll see when their caseworker gets the file and goes over it. It will be a process. Never had to file a claim with the travel insurance before and we always get travel insurance. 

Tuesday, April 11th, Claude went to Dr. Hollen, our dentist. In the process of getting his teeth cleaned, it was determined he should probably have a tooth pulled. That is set for Tuesday the 18th. 

I continued to prepare for my Wednesday colonoscopy. Clear liquid day. I drank water with a little Mello Yello in the glass for flavor. My meal for the day was a can of chicken broth heated in the microwave. 

During the day I even shopped for shoes on-line...again. I did this once before and upon receipt of the shoes, found them awful and returned them. We'll see how this goes.

At 5pm I started that awful part of the colonoscopy prep process. Goodness that drink is awful!! Stayed set up in the guest bedroom for the night. Watched two movies: Angels & Demons and The DaVinci Code. Slept about 3 hours from 2am to 5am.

Wednesday, April 12th, was colonoscopy day!! My alarm was set for 5am to take the final does of the cleansing cocktail. UGH!! It went to work. I set my alarm for 8am to get my shower. I threw up about 8:15am. Then I was much better. 

I was to be at the surgery center at 10am for an 11am procedure. We got there just before 10am and I got checked in. Then they called me back to get changed and in bed. Once settled into the cubicle I would wait in, I sent this picture to Claude who was in the waiting room with this caption, "I am ready to go. Game on!!"
After the procedure, I took this picture of me ready and raring to go home. Well, I was still under the influence of anesthesia, but I did want to go home. Dr. Robbins came in to talk with Claude and me. The procedure went well. No issues were found except I have some diverticulum. These are okay for now and I do NOT have diverticulitis. Hallelujah. Dr. Robbins gave me some things to take so diverticulitis will not happen. When he finished all his explaining. I looked right at him and said, "All this means I NEVER have do this again, right?" Dr. Robbins grinned and looked right back at me and said, "You never have to do this again!" I looked at Claude and we grinned. I have said for nine years I would not do this again. Then, Dr. Lyon said it might be a good idea when I had the endoscopy to do the colonoscopy. I have had lots of trouble coughing, lots of reflux and acid, bloating, etc. It is all connected and Dr. Robbins was able to make those connections and tell how to deal with it with doing both of these tests and the two extra ones he had me do after the endoscopy. As we drove to the surgery center this day, Claude was trying get me to understand that, if they found something, I might have to do this again. I emphatically assured him that I was NOT going to do this ever again. When Dr. Robbins said NEVER, Claude looked at me and I looked at him and we grinned. You know, the kind where you are saying things with your eyes after 53 years of marriage when that works as well as words. We had a good laugh about it all on the way home.
Now, I knew I was hungry. More than that, I was thirsty. My mouth was so very dry. But I was very unstable with a lot of anesthesia still in my system. My poor hubby had not eaten. They expected him to stay in that waiting room the entire time in case they needed to consult with him about anything while I was knocked out. I knew Claude was hungry. My dream was to have beans and rice from Chipotle for my first meal. I shared that desire with Claude. We agreed I would hold on to him and he would get me to a table inside. Then he would take care of ordering food and getting us drinks. This was a bit of heaven on earth for me. One of my favorite foods. I still had to hold on to Claude to get out of Chipotle's but we had a good lunch. Grateful Claude understood and helped me have a good experience.
We made it home and I sat on the love seat in the living room for the rest of the day. I thought I would come home and get a good nap. But, it was too late in the afternoon for a nap and we are really trying still to get back to Kentucky time. There was a Monk marathon on TV and we watched Monk for a long time. 

Thursday, April 13th, Claude had an audiology appointment. Also, his doctor's office called and he was set for his biopsy on Friday afternoon.

I watered plants and moved the outdoor ones that have been inside for the winter back outside. Claude cut the grass and our yard is looking so nice. 

We would go to McAlister's for dinner. 

Friday, April 14th, we spent the afternoon in Lexington for medical issues. In the evening, Claude found a movie about Ghandi.

Saturday, April 15th, Bailey has a boyfriend, Jake, who is a Junior. This year he had a Junior Prom and, of course, he invited Bailey. They were are KUNA when he extended his wonderful invitation to her. These are pictures of Bailey and Jake at Oldham County High School's Junior Prom.

Sunday, April 16th, met with Ivan Squire after church. He wanted to tell Claude they would release him as secretary to the Stake Communication Committee. Claude is the Director of that committee and has functioned in several of the roles until the full committee is called. Claude was never sustained as the secretary, just filled that role. Ivan wanted to ask me to fill that roll. I assured him I would do that and work with Claude and the rest of the committee. Should be sustained on Sunday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment