Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Monday, April 17th thru Sunday, April 23rd...

Monday, April 17th, Katelyn had a false alarm for having the baby. Went to the hospital for three hours. They released her. The baby's head was in position but labor stopped. She is to come quickly when labor starts again. 

Tuesday, April 18th, Claude had a tooth in the back of his mouth pulled. It has had a space between the tooth and gum for a long time. Starting to look like it needed to be taken care of. No tooth on top in the back of his mouth, so it was not used for chewing. Determination was made to just pull it and be done. It had a root canal done on it years ago. It was hard to remove. Spent the day at home with ice packs, pain meds and soft food.

This was Jake's birthday. I have only been posting these dates on our family page this year. I posted this about Jake's birthday: "Come with me on a little trip down memory lane. Jake Christensen has a Happy Birthday today. I picked a few pictures of him from his first 10 years of life. Lots of fun memories going through pictures. 
Happy Birthday to you, Jake!! Hope you have a wonderful day and build lots of good memories this year!! Love Ya Bunches!"
Katelyn went to the hospital. Serious business this time. Nissa, her mom and our first-born, was at the hospital with her and Drew. 
It took a few hours but our 5th great grandmonster entered this world with a powerful set of lungs. 
She is named 
Kennedi Claudette. Originally Drew and Katelyn had a different middle name. After she was born, they saw her fair skin and blond hair and felt like she needed a Christensen name. They both agreed on Claudette. I believe Katelyn loves her grampa!! She will go by Kennedi.
Wednesday, April 19th, Katelyn placed a video call so we could see our little bundle of joy! I took these pictures while on my phone. Kennedi reminds me visually of Raelyn, her oldest sibling. 
The dentist office called to be sure Claude was doing well after his tooth extraction on Tuesday. He was. He really did amazingly well after this extraction. 

At 7pm I went to the church to visit with Cameron Stephenson, a counselor in the bishopric. It seems they would release our Primary president Sunday. That means the presidency is all released. The new president actually wants to keep Christian Cash as 1st Counselor and me as 2nd Counselor until she gets her feet under her. So, I will be released from the previous presidency and sustained in the new presidency on Sunday to the same calling. 

I finished a baby afghan for Grant and Kimberly Soressi. They just had their first baby, Paisley. Grant was born to Keith and Janet Soressi while we all lived in Maryland. Sweet friends.
Thursday, April 20th, through the day we received more pictures of Kennedi. This time she was sleeping. I mentioned to Katelyn something about mothering four kids and all the other things she does. She said she thinks of it as leveling up in parenting. I liked that phraseology. 
During the day I finished repairing Emelia's puppy blanket. I replaced one of the daisy motifs. Emelia likes to put her fingers and toes through the crochet. The original pulled loose and I made a new one and put it in its place. 
In the evening, we went to LaGrange to see the Oldham County High School play entitled "The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee". Bailey was not an actor in the play. She worked with the stage crew and helped with lighting this time. When the play is over, we wait in the hallway outside the theater for Bailey to come out. It was really cute that Jake was there waiting for her as well. He always brings her flowers. 
Friday, April 21st, we had a quiet morning doing mostly things on our separate lap tops. 

Katelyn posted cute pictures of their dog, Cash, who really wanted to get close to Kennedi.
In the evening, we picked up Hayden and went to a quick dinner. Then to Louisville to the Kentucky Center to listen to the Louisville Orchestra accompany Harry Potter & the Order of the Phoenix. Loved the sign in the Marx front yard. Still can't believe Hayden is a Senior this year! Yike!! 
Getting to the Kentucky Center was an adventure this time. We picked Hayden up at 5pm. The plan was to go to Chick-fil-A for dinner. Claude didn't get on I-71 as I thought, so we ended up on back roads, we missed one of those and found the next one that would work. When we got to the shopping center where Chick-fil-A was located, I had Claude turn in the first entrance. I thought it was right on the left side as you went in that entrance. Alas, it was not. We took the left and then eventually out of the shopping center and around the corner. We found the restaurant and then had to circle it to find a parking place. Everything was parking for pick-up only. By this time we had to eat quickly as we figured 30 minutes for eating and we only had 20. We did our eating in 20 minutes and were the way to the Kentucky Center in great time.

Our next obstacle was the Louisville was preparing for Thunder Over Louisville. This is part of the festivities leading up to the Kentucky Derby. There would be a walk across the bridge over the Ohio River from Louisville to Indiana. The roads were blocked and food trucks were setting up for the next day. Traffic was a horrible mess to say the least. We got a block away from the turn to find our parking garage in the Kentucky Center basement and waited through about 20 light changes to move up a car length. As we were right in front of the Kentucky Center, we gave Hayden his ticket and told him to go on and find his seat. We would be there as soon as we could but they would be only allowing late arrivals to enter at certain times. Hayden went in. Claude and I rounded the corner finally to find the parking garage under the Kentucky Center was full after the car in front of us entered. There is another parking garage behind it and it has a door to the Kentucky Center. We were able to find parking there and hurried into the Kentucky Center. As we entered the first floor, the announcer said over the sound system that the performance would begin in five minutes. Everyone was to take their seats. We had to get across the theater, up one flight of stairs, the back across the theater to the Grand Balcony Left, then down to our seats. We made it just as the lights went down. We didn't miss any of the performance. However, as we sat down, Claude realized he did not have his cellphone. I quickly sent a text to Andie as I remembered him using it at their home when we picked up Hayden. She and Michael searched but did not find it. That meant, his cellphone was either at Chick-fil-A or in our car. We did not ever hear it hit the ground. Ugh. This would affect Claude's enjoyment of the performance. One can't help but feel all the concern about all that goes with losing a cell phone. This was a good performance. Lots of audience participation this time. 
When the program was over, we went to the car and there was Claude's phone on the driver's seat. Hallelujah!!

We had to take a different was out of Louisville to get Hayden home. Many of our usual streets were blocked off. We made it out and got Hayden home. Then headed to Georgetown. All this in a big rainstorm. Man, we enjoyed having dinner with Hayden and being at the performance but it took a lot more drama than these old people want in their lives to get this done!!

Saturday, April 22nd, was a lazy, very good day. I woke up before Claude and laid in our bed doing my morning phone rituals. Claude had moved to the guest bedroom during the night. He was not sleeping well. Claude came back to our bed and crawled in bed with me. We talked for a bit and I told him I still felt sleepy. He suggested I go back to sleep. Unusual for me, I did just that. I turned over and covered up and went right back to sleep for about 45 more minutes. Boy that felt good. 

When I got up, I joined Claude on the sofa in the study. We sat and played with our devices for till noon. Claude assured me I would not be happy when I went to bed that night and didn't have anything accomplished during the day. For some reason, I was sure I would not. This day felt different and it felt good just to be the two of us being together. Later, we got up and went to Peninsula Park for a walk. After that we went to a new place named Tropical Smoothie and Cafe. I had a Mango Magic smoothie and Claude had a Bahama Mama smoothie. We will definitely go back here for a meal. The food looked delicious. 
We spent our evening watching movies of Claude's choice. He picked On Golden Pond and Out of Africa. These are two of my personal favorites. By 10pm we were ready to go to bed. We both pronounced it a great day. This is the blessing of retirement. I recognize that and truly appreciate working hard all those years so we could take a day and not work hard and just enjoy being together. 

Sunday, April 23, was a good Sabbath Day. Claude and I neither felt very good. Not sick really. Just off kilter. We attended Church were I lead the singing in Sacrament Meeting. The speakers were excellent. Our Primary president was released. This meant her presidency was all released. A new president was sustained. She requested the Christian Cash and me stay as counselors. So I was sustained as 2nd Counselor again. 

I played the piano for Primary and then sat in Sarah Hollins class as her team teacher was not there. She had the kids act out two of the parables that Jesus taught. The kids really enjoyed doing this. After each, she had them tell her why Jesus might have told that parable. They were on point each time. Good class.

After church, I went to the Bishop's office where I was set apart for my calling. Then we went to Panera and bought salads and brought them home. Claude took a nap while I worked on my laptop. In the evening, we watched movies. 

Family Pictures to share:
The first is Aubrey and her son, Nelson. He was our 2nd great grandmonster. They look so happy together.
The second is Chase looking longingly at Kennedi. He loves the other three kids so much. I am sure he wants to love this little bundle as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment