Saturday, January 9, 2010

This and That Tidbits...

Tidbit #1: I'm reading along in my Old Testament while curling my hair (I love multi-tasking, what can I say). I'm reading in Proverbs and trying to learn from the words of Solomon the Wise Gangi (oops, I just watched the Lord of the Rings, just melding things together a bit). So...I'm in Proverbs and I come to Chapter 11 Verse 22 and have a really, really good chuckle. Steel yourself..."As a jewel of gold in a swine's snout, so is a fair woman which is without discretion." Those people who find reading their scriptures boring are just not looking closely enough!!! Tidbit #2: My Andie sent this wonderful link she received thru her Mom's Club. This helps St. Judes Children's Ranch, keeps us a little greener living, and is just wonderful idea well worth sharing. I'm mailing my 2009 cards and making an envelope to keep the cards received through 2010. I'll mail the 2010 cards received throughout the year and the 2010 Christmas cards next January. It just seems like a good thing worth sharing. St. Jude's Ranch, http://www.stjudesranch.org/, We are accepting used, all-occasion cards from: November 15, 2009 - February 28, 2010 You can mail your donations to: St. Jude's Ranch for Children Recycled Card Program 100 St. Jude's Street - Boulder Tidbit #3: Today is my parents 62nd anniversary. Claude and I are leaving shortly to take Papa to his favorite Mexican restaurant for liner/dunch or whatever you want to call that middle of the afternoon meal that is the main meal of the day for us more mature people. Congratulations Mimi and Papa for 62 years of marriage!!

No comments:

Post a Comment