Friday, January 18, 2013

A Day For The Birds...

Yesterday afternoon I was in the basement in my sewing room pulling things together to teach my Institute class. I heard a strange noise and checked my laptop to be sure nothing was happening with it. Then I realized it was coming from outside.
 
My blinds have been closed to keep out some of the cold air. I lifted one slat and looked out between the blinds. Oh my goodness, what a sight. The air and ground were filled with hundreds and hundreds of birds. Everyone one of them had a part in whatever conversation they were having. I did notice one lone black bird standing on the ground with a very stunned look on his face. Black birds are bigger and tend to get their way in the bird kingdom in our back yard. Not yesterday.
 
I grabbed my cell phone and hurried to the back door to see if I could get some kind of photographic evidence of this wonder.
 
The birds were literally covering the ground and filling the air when I quietly opened the door. As soon as they saw me they took to the air. This was the tail end of this enormous flock of birds. It was absolutely amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment