Saturday, January 5, 2013

Now, That's Just Not Right...

While purchasing groceries for New Year's Eve, we came across something new in the fruit and vegetable section. It was a Pummelo. We searched to find any indication of what it was or where it came from to no avail. I pulled out my trust Blackberry an searched the Internet. I learned it was an 'exotic' fruit from somewhere (can't remember where) and was believed to be the origin of the grapefruit. We purchased one for $2.50 just to see what it was like.

This morning I finally remembered to cut it in half to share with my honey. This is what inside of this lusciously round and large piece of fruit.
I just stood at the counter and laughed as I put each half in a bowl for us to eat. When I took Claude his bowl, he also got a laugh out of it. The taste was good. I appreciate the new found knowledge. But, from now on, I'll be purchasing grapefruit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment