Sunday, January 6, 2013

Sabbath Poetry...

This evening I tried to move one other set of items from my old cell phone to my new one. I had a set of 'notes' in my old phone. The new phone does not appear to have such a facility. I figured out a way to include the notes that worked for me and spent about a hour this evening getting the transfer accomplished.

As I went through these notes, I re-read the quotes that I kept there. I also found two poems that meant a lot to me. I determined I wanted to share one of those poems in my Blog entry today. It is by Elizabeth Barrett Browning.

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
But only he who sees, takes off his shoes,
The rest sit around it and pluck blueberries,
And daub their natural faces unaware.
 
I mistakenly catagorize people from years ago as being totally serious most of the time.  I love that while writing about a very serious topic, acknowledging the hand of God in all things, Ms. Browning drives home her point with a delicious nugget of truth in the form of a fruit. Clever lady!!
 
Love this poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment