Saturday, September 14, 2013

Missed These...

Tuesday, September 3rd I should have been at the Family History Center with Claude. Missed that with the bronchitis. Thank you Claude for picking up bananas and taking them to Papa so he could hang in there a little longer without grocery shopping.

Wednesday, September 4th, was our first Countryside Homemaker's meeting for this year.  Knowing I was not well, I called Detta Wilson on Tuesday and told her I would not be able to come. I had prepared my agenda and had everything for the meeting in my box on wheels which Andie gave to me several years ago. I told Detta I would leave it at JoCarol's home where the meeting was to be held. Detta said she would cover the meeting and to get well.

In the wee small hours of Wednesday morning Detta had a heart attack. She ended up in Central Baptist hospital and they put a stint in her. Claude got a call Wednesday morning from Cindy, our city clerk, and asked if he had heard Detta had a heart attack. Nope, he had not. I called JoCarol who is Detta's best friend. JoCarol had also not heard anything. Her husband, Billy, called Ken, Detta's husband, on his cell phone. Ken confirmed the situation and said Detta was doing okay but they were not sure when they would release her. Detta is also a city commissioner and over Parks and Recreation. She pulled together Sadieville in September. It was to be Saturday and she might not be out of the hospital. Great day in the mornin'!! 

This left JoCarol to cover our Homemaker's meeting.  I could not be there as the president because I had bronchitis and none of the other ladies wanted that and I was pretty sure I had not taken antibiotics long enough to not be a problem. Charlotte is the vice president.  Her hubby was having skin cancers removed during the meeting time.  Detta is our secretary-treasurer. She could not be there because she was in the hospital after her heart attack and putting the stint in.  Poor JoCarol went through my rolling cart and with the help of all the ladies that were present they made it through our first meeting without any of the presidency. Way to go Countryside Homemakers!!

Monday, September 9th was to be our Friends of Sadieville board meeting.  We had all done Sadieville in September the Saturday before. Detta was released from the hospital on Friday and was at the Festival all day. She is also the secretary-treasurer for Friends of Sadieville. Detta and I talked Monday morning and agreed we should postpone our board meeting until Wednesday morning so we could all rest a bit.  We did postpone it and then had it on Wednesday morning.

It is interesting how things happen without us or can be postponed for a bit or covered by someone else.  Thank heavens for good people that keep things going when we can't.  

No comments:

Post a Comment