Wednesday, September 18, 2013

The 'Eyes' Have It...Or Not...

Monday I made a appointment for Papa to have his eyes checked.  He keeps complaining that when he reads a few pages he sees double of things. Now that he is virtually home bound unless we take him somewhere, it is more important than ever to be sure he can do comfortably the things he can enjoy in his home. Reading would definitely be one of those things.

I picked Papa up at his apartment at 1:30 and we headed to the eye doctor he has seen twice before while living here in Kentucky, the trusty doctor at Walmart. 

After doing his exam and then the doctor doing more exams, it was determined Papa has dry eye and needs to be putting drops in his eyes at minimum three time a day as well as before he reads or uses his eyes for other things. He can actually use them as much as he wants but the minimum is three times a day.

He also had a big change in his left eye and that required ordering a new set of glasses. He opted to use the frames he currently has as he likes them and they are in good shape. The new lenses should be here anywhere from three days to a week. They will call me and I'll take Papa back to get the new lenses put in the old frames.

In addition he still has cataracts. He was told he had these last time but they are not at the point where they will do surgery for them. The doctor didn't really feel that had grown any more than since the last time Papa was seen.

Papa was happy with his diagnosis and that he would get something that might help his eyes. The doctor did give us the names of three eye drop products he prefers for his dry eye condition and we purchased one of those for Papa to try. In addition the doctor gave him a sample.

That is where the 'eyes' have it...now where they don't.

I was out of my home from before 9am until 6:30pm Monday.

It started with my Primary presidency meeting. From there I headed to the church to move our Primary things from the chapel back to the Primary room. We have had a few items there to get through the Primary program practice. The program is this Sunday and we will need them back in the Primary closet on Sunday. I also got Papa's computer tower and took it to be repaired (if possible).  It will not turn on most of the time now.  I ran several other errands in and out of places.  I was back a Papa's at 1:30 and took him to Walmart.  We we left Walmart and headed to an interview with a young boy that turned seven. The Primary gives the seven year old children items to prepare for baptism when they turn eight.  I needed to visit with this young man and his mom and give him is baptism preparation materials. Then Papa and I  headed back to Walmart to pick order his glasses and get his eye drops. I took Papa home and headed back to Sadieville. We had friends who needed dinner brought in. Claude did the cooking and then he and I hopped in the Jeep and headed further out in the country and up a steep gravel lane on a hill to their home to deliver their dinner. Mindy was ready to chat so we sat outside and visited for a good long time. Claude took me home where I rushed to the bathroom for something cold and wet to put over my poor left eye.  I had taken an antihistamine but it appeared my left eye didn't care about that medication. By 8pm I lay on the love seat in the living room with my eyes closed. Even that was awful because it felt like I had a bit of sand or gravel under that eyelid and it seemed to be scratching when my eye blinked. I dozed off about 9pm and stayed sleeping as much as I could until 7:30 Tuesday morning.

My eye definitely did NOT have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment