Saturday, September 14, 2013

Such a Thoughtful Guy...

One day laying on our breakfast table was a page out of a newspaper of some kind. Not the entire paper, just a page.  I picked it up and looked at it and the only thing I found of consequence was an advertisement for some ladies casual shoes.

I asked Claude about it and he said, "I thought they looked like you and wondered if you wanted to order them."  Now that is just thoughtful and caring.  And...as an added bonus...he was exactly right!  I loved those shoes in that picture.

I took the ad downstairs and checked it out on my computer.  I ordered two pair. One was brown and the other blue.

Friday, the 6th of September, as I was leaving to go to Georgetown to take Papa grocery shopping, I saw a package on the chair on our front porch. I stopped the car and got the package. It was my shoes. I tossed the bag in the back seat and headed on to Georgetown.

After I got Papa in my car, I tore open the bag and shared the story with Papa about Claude finding the ad and thinking I might like the shoes as they 'looked just like me'.  We got a chuckle and I pronounced the shoes in my hand nice to look at.

When I got home I carried them inside and tried them on with Claude watching. They fit perfectly.  I am so thrilled I have new shoes to wear this winter with my jeans.  I am even more thrilled that I have a hubby who thinks of me and cares for and about me in even the little things of life.  That just feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment