Sunday, September 15, 2013

Pure Kentucky...

I know, even as I typed the title for this Blog entry, that others will say, "That is done in my state too."  However, I live in Kentucky and this is an observation that is vintage Kentucky.

While driving a very back road in Kentucky, we passed a home nestled against a hill with lots of trees around the little house. There was a man sitting in a lawn chair watching the cars go by or I may have asked Claude to stop so I could get a picture. 

Hanging from a tree in this yard was a swing. Now that is not the least bit unusual and if we had flat ground anywhere on our lot we might also have a tree with a swing hanging from it. However...

Picture in your mind's eye one of the molded plastic lawn chairs that are so prevalent. We actually have four of them on our back porch. Ours are green but the one I saw was actually white.  It had a rope tied to each of the arms of the molded plastic white chair. These two ropes were then tied to a big branch of the tree from which it was hanging. That was it, a swing that was a chair hanging from a tree.

I saw this and it took a moment for it to register that it was a clever idea using what one had on hand to make something fun.  Vintage Kentucky countryside.

No comments:

Post a Comment