Friday, April 3, 2015

Fear the Turtle!!

Tuesday, March 24th, my hubby went to Georgetown for meetings.  He stopped at Lowe's to begin the springtime process of using the Jeep as a truck to carry dirt and garden stuff from Georgetown to Sadieville.  We have surely paid for many a child's college trying to keep up with this hill in Sadieville.  No complaining, just fact.

When he returned he said he had done something and I needed to come outside to see it.  We went outside and sitting at the end of our front porch was this lovely yard feature.
I love turtles. As my hubby walked through the aisles at Lowe's this lovely turtle caught his attention.  He stopped and just knew he needed to get it for me.  I asked Claude to stand by it to get some perspective.  Claude's slippered feet are a size 12.  That is some turtle.  And, it is solid concrete of some kind so it is very heavy.  We have opted to leave this big guy on the corner of the front porch to great all visitors.  

Isn't being older a lot of fun sometimes?  You just see something and you do it and it makes someone happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment