Friday, April 3, 2015

The Fall...And The Talented...

Tuesday, March 31st, was a day for Claude and I to play Grampa and Gramma.  Love those days.  Hayden was to perform in the school's PAC (Performing Arts Club) play.  We would have a few hours at home and we both accomplished some things and felt very good about our efforts.  We even commented as we left Eagle Bend about what a great day it was so far and how good the rest of the day was looking.  Should never have tempted fate!!

A Love's Travel Plaza is being built at the interchange of I-75 and Hwy 32 (the Sadieville exit).  I have been stopping and taking pictures as they progress.  Needless to say, the last part of our winter there was too much snow and bitter cold to get much done in the way of construction.  But, with better weather, the construction has really picked up and so the need to stop and take pictures has been more frequent.  We plotted time in our travel to pause so I could take some more pictures of the latest in their construction progress.

I took a few pictures from the car right where the gas station will be for cars.  
Then I told Claude I hadn't take pictures of the other side and down and across the hill.  He drove down there and I told him I would just get out and take my pictures while he drove down Hwy. 32 and found a place to turn the car around.  I took some pictures and then decided to walk back up and get a side picture of the main building.  That's where trouble happened.
As I walked up the hill I was focused on the best place to take the picture I wanted through the fence that was way taller than me.  I was not watching where my feet where going.  Should have been doing that.  I stepped on a rock and my left foot went backward and I started to go forward way to fast to keep my balance.  I landed on my right knee and then fell flat on my chest hitting my chin and biting the inside of my lower lip.  I did manage to keep my camera held up so it didn't crash to the ground.  As I lay there flat out on the ground my first thought was, "And I have been counseling Papa repeatedly not to go for walks without me so he wouldn't fall.  Now, I'm the one spread out on the ground!  Geez!!"  Then reason entered my head and I knew if a car came down Hwy. 32 they wouldn't be looking for a 64 year old lady spread out on the ground.  I needed to get myself up.  I managed to get to my feet and then realized my chin was not good and my left knee was in a lot of pain.  I stumbled over to the fence and got this picture.  I wonder if it was worth all this trauma.
After taking the picture, Claude made it back to my location.  He missed all 'The Fall'.  When I got in the car he knew immediately something wasn't right.  My chin was very red and had gravel in it.  I explained what happened.  We pressed on to LaGrange.

We were able to watch Hayden perform for the school during an assembly.  Then we stayed and had dinner with the Marx's and cut Andie's hair before going to the evening performance for the families.  Hayden did great.  He was Sir Dancealot.  The play was Joust.   He had a speaking part and performed well.  It was fun watching him during the evening when his parents were there watching him.  He was so animated and really into his role even when just singing with the chorus.  He had great facial expressions and sang his heart out.

Here is Sir Dancealot.
 
It was a delightful play.  I believe there were about 80 kids in this performance.  They all have parts and they all sing.  It is just such a good experience for them to participate in.  They can only do this when in the 4th and 5th grade.  This is one of the huge benefits of being grandparents and close enough to get there for these performances.

We left right after the performance to get back to Sadieville.  It was a great day, even with 'The Fall'.  

No comments:

Post a Comment