Monday, April 27, 2015

Sunday Shenanigans...

Yesterday, Sunday, April 26th, found us sleeping in.  We had a lengthy discussion about how to handle our Sunday as we drove back from LaGrange Saturday night.  Claude's Jeep was in Papa's garage.  Our commitments for Sunday were to get the Jeep, me visit with Papa and teach a Temple Preparation Seminar at 4pm.  What was the smoothest way to accomplish all of that.  Hmm...

We finally settled on attending another ward's meetings (congregation) that met a little later, allowing us to sleep in a bit.  We went to the Pioneer Ward which met at 11am.

As we drove into Lexington, I was studying my Institute lesson.  Claude had me look up and this was flying overhead.  There is a little plane pulling a huge banner that appeared to read Fantem, or something close to that.  We used to see this kind of thing more frequently.  It was to advertise for something, sometimes it was a proposal from a guy to his girl, any number of uses for that flying advertisement.  We just don't see them at all in Sadieville.  It was a blast from our past to see this one flying over I-75 as we drove to Lexington.
We did our Church thing and had some lunch at City BBQ.  Then made it back to the Georgetown building in time to teach our Temple Preparation class.  There are three young men attending in preparation to go to the temple before their missions.  They leave in July and August.  Then we have one other couple attending.  Good class.  Good discussion.  

We went to Papa's and Claude retrieved his Jeep from the garage and headed home to Georgetown.  I pulled into the driveway and went in to spend some time visiting with Papa.  We talked for an hour or more.  His vision is so much better.  He often only sees one image and has not complained about seeing double for a week now.  So very happy about that.  

While visiting with Papa, my phone buzzed like I might have a text.  Sure enough, it was a text from Claude.  This was the thread of our conversation:

Claude:  The eggs hatched.
Sandi:  You have got to be kidding me.  The front door eggs?
Claude:  Yes
Sandi:  Are the babies alive?
Claude:  Yes, for now.

I posted a week ago about finding eggs in a nest on the wreath on my front door.  We just left them there.  Never saw a mother but the nest and eggs looks pretty so we left them.  There was a mother and she must have been caring for them when we weren't looking.  While we were in LaGrange, they hatched.  

When I got home I went out the garage and to the front door.  The mother robin flew away so I could take this picture.  Sorry, the sun was behind and the camera left a shadow.
We will leave the front door alone and let the mom raise these little ones.  

Now I'm wondering if the nest on the back porch will also yield babies and we'll have trouble then.  I really use the back door to get to the back yard to weed.  Need to do that this week sometime.  Ah, Nature...

No comments:

Post a Comment