Tuesday, June 16, 2015

A Brief Visit...

Saturday, June 13th, was a full day. We told the Mini's we would be leaving early so they didn't have to wake up to say good-bye.  However, Hayden woke up and came downstairs, just as we were getting ready to leave, for his hugs. 

After a filling up with gas at Huck's in Shelbyville ($2.48/gallon) and a breakfast drive-thru at McDonald's, we were headed to Papa's.  Claude's Jeep was parked in his garage.  Claude got his Jeep and headed to Sadieville.  I said hi to Papa and reminded him I would pick him up about 3pm.  Then I was off to Lexington for an Inservice Training. 

Nissa was driving from Muskegon to Sadieville with Aubrey.  Aubrey was to be picked up by her father Sunday morning so she can spend the summer with him. Andie was sleeping in a bit and then bringing the Mini's over for a sleepover with Aubrey and some family time with Nissa. Claude was making sure his things were in order for Sunday morning and dinner was ready to cook when everybody got there. I finished my Inservice and got my car washed before picking up Papa at 3pm to take him to be with family at our home.

Nissa and Aubrey beat me to Sadieville.  Andie and the Mini's got there after everyone else.  We filled the afternoon and evening with hair cuts for Nissa and Andie, nail painting with a tropical theme for Andie's work on Monday, Claude grilling a great barbeque chicken dinner, the Mini's watching Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, playing video games, me digging up irises for Nissa and Andie to take home, and the list goes on. We packed a lot in our one night together.

Sunday morning I prepared cinnamon toast, eggs and bacon for breakfast while everyone got their stuff together.  Claude left as family was coming up for breakfast.  David picked Aubrey up at 8:30am.  Nissa left shortly after that for her 8 hour drive back to Muskegon. Andie and the Mini's took a bit longer pulling things together.  I decided to stay with them and missed Church.

When everyone was gone, I drove in and visited with Papa before going home to Sadieville and an evening with Claude. He and I were both wiped out.  We crashed Sunday evening.  So much to do and just nothing in us to get it done.  We simply vegged and watched a movie together.

Alas, I was a poor photographer this time.  Just got two pictures.
 
It was so nice to have a little extended family time. Just love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment