Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Happy Hubby...

My hubby, Claude, has found a wide variety of interesting things to fill these retirement years.  One of them is serving on the board of the Senior Center here in Scott County.  In that capacity and also because he is the Mayor of Sadieville, he receives an invitation to help deliver "Meals on Wheels" to senior citizens each year. Last week he had that opportunity again. This is one of the three pictures I have of him providing this service. You can tell by the look on his face it is something he truly enjoys being asked to help with.
Last Friday he went to Northern Elementary School to participate in 'Career Day'. He would talk to five different groups of third to fifth grade students about being the Mayor of Sadieville. I must admit he was very nervous about this one. He wasn't quite sure how to make this interesting for them. We talked about it. He made some notes. Then we talked again Friday morning before I left for the day. I gave him all the ideas I had. Told him he should take his business cards with the Japanese translation on the back and give to the kids. They would probably enjoy that he represented Sadieville in Japan. Suggested he take a sign from when he ran for Mayor as the name 'Christensen' is a mouthful for kids. Turns out he had a great time. When he got home he told me one of the kids looked at him and asked, "Would you come to my birthday party?" He has never had a birthday party invite. Cute, very cute.

One evening we were watching television at the end of a long day. I looked over at Claude and he was intently coloring. Jake, our son, gave the family a coloring book for all of us to use over Christmas. Claude has purchased himself another coloring book. He works between the two some evenings. I sent Jake this picture and thanked him for giving his father a new hobby.
Sunday I got home about 5:30pm. Claude got home before me and had time to take a little nap. I came in and found that the Easter bunny must have come to our home!! Hmmmmm...
How happy I was that he made his appearance. At the end of that day I really appreciated that Cadbury Easter egg.

No comments:

Post a Comment