Thursday, November 17, 2016

Moments in Time...

A few moments in time from the last two months.

Wednesday, September 14th, I went into Kroger for bananas for Papa. This little critter was bouncing around in front of the banana shelf. It kind of took me aback a little until I realized it was a balloon that was weighted in the hooves and the air conditioning was blowing and making it bounce. Really thought I should get it and take it to Bailey!
Tuesday, September 27th, we went to Crestwood, Kentucky to attend the Louisville Kentucky Temple. We got there just as the sun was going down and shining on the Angel Moroni. It was simply beautiful. Would that we felt that kind of peace in our lives more often.
Every year I make homemade ornaments and give to certain people. This year I made 60 origami cranes. I found Japanese paper and used it to make these cranes. We have General Conference broadcast from Salt Lake City twice a year. There are five 2-hour sessions on the first Saturday and Sunday in October for one of the semi-annual conferences. I had all my supplies to make the cranes and had made several so I knew how to do them. I plopped myself on the sofa in the family room with my spiral notebook at my side to take notes of the speakers. While I listened, I made cranes and took notes. Amazing weekend with my hubby. We both thought this was an exceptional General Conference. 
We came home from Church on Sunday, October 9 and found a 'yellow dragon' on the hill about our home. Two five acre plots were sold this summer and people were getting ready to build their homes. They were preparing a gravel road to get to the building area. Won't be too long before we have new neighbors. 
In September we tried a new restaurant in Georgetown, Formaggio Italiano. We really loved the food and the service was really good. We loved the bread they add to your meals. That is also their pizza crust. So, we decided we needed to go back and try their pizza. We did this on Friday, October 21st. Let's just say we will definitely be back. We tried a pizza that was half one kind and half another so we could get a good sample of two kinds of pizza but only need to eat one pizza. We loved both pizzas. Yummy stuff!
Sunday, October 30th, I heard a wonderful quote from one of the speakers during Sacrament Meeting. Here is the quote: "The value of a man is evidenced by the dust on his knees."

Monday, October 3rd found me at Kroger again. I seem to find very interesting things in that parking lot. This time I found this sticker on a cars back bumper. It would appear even Yoda 'bleeds University of Kentucky blue'!
Then one month later on Wednesday, November 2nd, I found this license plate in the Kroger parking lot. You might need to look closely at it to understand. And, if you are not a Harry Potter fan, it may never make sense to you. I happen to love Harry Potter and own all the movie. See if you can find the humor in this license plate.
The morning of November 2nd found me in the trees. Yep. Crabapple trees. There are some on city property and I was intent to pick some and try my hand at crabapple jelly again. I didn't have to do battle with poison ivy this time. Several years ago I did this and the trees were full of poison ivy. This year there was a new challenge. The trees were full of wasps enjoying the nectar from ripe crabapples. They weren't happy I was there. But none of them stung me. They would sit on my gardening gloves I was wearing and I had on my long sleeved shirt and jeans. It worked out for each of us.
The next day I started making crabapple jelly. I made two batches and didn't have pectin to make the rest of the crabapples I had. So I cleaned up the crabapples I had remaining. There was enough make two more batches. Really didn't think I had picked that many. I made the juice needed to make the jelly and put it in the fridge. The next morning I went back to Walmart and purchased enough pectin to make two more batches. Then I finished up that crabapple jelly that evening. I ended up with 29 8-oz. jars and 24 4-oz. jars. I kept the containers small because jelly can turn back to syrup if not taken out of the jar carefully. My hope is that smaller jars will keep the jelly firm for longer once the jar is opened and being used. 
We are going to have a new nephew born in November. I purchased fabric to make a rag quilt for this little guy. I decided to purchase enough fabric to make two so I have another one on the shelf and ready to go. Here is one of the completed quilts.
My sister was able to fly in on Sunday the 6th of November. She arrived at our home about 5:30pm. She would spend two evenings with us and all day Monday with Papa. She took him on a long car ride and then watched an old family video I found that Papa had made of Mimi and him on vacations. 

So we have had a very busy last two months. Accomplished some good things. Shared some memory making times with family. And even had a few dates with just the two of us. I would say we have had enough practice now to take on Thanksgiving and Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment