Thursday, July 20, 2017

Miscellaneous Tidbits...

Papa has a new front bathroom. His toilet was leaking. The maintenance guy came to check it on a Friday. Showed me a crack in the toilet and said the entire toilet would have to be replaced. He would have to purchase a new one and could not do that until a Monday. He also felt the flooring would have to be replaced. 

Monday morning I was at Papa's at 9am and would spend the entire day there. The flooring guy showed up at the same time almost at the toilet guy. The flooring guy was not supposed to come until the afternoon. So, the toilet guy had taken out the toilet when he arrived and found the piping into the wall was also leaking and needed to be replaced. He flooded the bathroom with these broken things and had a big fan going to dry it out. The flooring guy put down new vinyl tile as soon as the floor dried. The toilet guy finished the piping but didn't get the toilet in. 

Tuesday morning I was back at Papa's for another day. Goodness. The toilet was fixed though. And, the back bathroom toilet is also leaking. It can be repaired but they want to replace that floor as well. Ball Realty is supposed to call me and set up a time. We are now a week away and no phone call. Hmm...

When we visited Michigan in May with Bonnie, we took the family to the Emporium. It is a great candy store. Katelyn found a huge all-day sucker she wanted for Raelyn. Claude bought it for her. Somehow it made it to Kentucky in our luggage. Oops. When the Ropers were here over the 4th of July, I returned this big hunk of candy to Katelyn and they took it home. Katelyn sent me this picture of tiny Raelyn enjoying her very big candy.
I made Raelyn her second outfit. Bought the fabric to make two outfits before they came to Kentucky and only got one finished. So I mailed the second one this week.
When I drove to the post office in Sadieville to mail the package, this is what I found on Main Street. Now one just doesn't see a rocket on Main Street everyday. It was made for the Eagle Creek Baptist Church's Vacation Bible School. Someone put a lot of effort into that rocket. 
Now I'm off to visit Papa for a bit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment