Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Warts...

Wednesday, June 28th, I received a text from Hayden, our grandson. It simply said, "I'm having Cryo." What? I replied by asking if that was to a wart or something. He assured me it was. 

Years ago when I was a teenager, I had what the doctor called a 'seed wart' on the bottom of my foot where the big toe joins the foot. If I remember correctly it was my right foot. It just got bigger and bigger. It is called a seed wart because it will come out in seed-like pieces if pulled on. Eventually our family doctor felt it best just to go ahead and burn it off. Basically that is freezing the wart and the skin dies and it falls off. 

I shared this experience with Hayden and he said that was exactly what they were doing with his wart on his thumb. They have a quick in-an-out clinic at the grocery store and this is where they are doing it. They assured him it will not all come off the first time. It could take up to four visits before it is completely gone. He is to wait a certain number of weeks between each treatment. 

Hayden was a trooper and completed the first treatment. He will probably have the second one just before school begins again for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment