Saturday, March 24, 2018

A Silly Day...

My car was filthy. It had rain and snow mess from Kentucky and Michigan all over it. It was just very, very sad. When I went to Walmart to get groceries, I drove down to Soapy Joe's where we have always washed our cars. But, something was not right. There was this bright yellow tape telling you to keep out all around the place. Mind you, Soapy Joe's has a drive through car wash with attendants, another building with three bays to wash your car by yourself with one of those wands, and a section where you can pull your car in an use a vacuum cleaner and wipe your car now. It covers a nice little corner of the parking lot. It was closed, tape around it and large pieces of yellow construction equipment parked in it. What in the world!!

I went back a few days later and it was still cordoned off and the building with the three bays was leveled. It appears that Soapy Joe's is being replaced or rebuilt. Will just have to watch and see what happens. Now what to do to clean my car. Weather is too cold to do it by hand.

It so happens there is another car wash on Broadway only a few blocks south of the nursing home. I have never used it. It was purchased by Soapy Joe's some years ago but appeared to be the kind you use the wand to clean your car yourself. 

I drove by this car wash and noted there was a place to drive your car in and get it clean but no attendants and I just wasn't sure of it. I drove on down Broadway and turned around and came back determined to 'give it a go' as they say in Australia. I pulled in and figured out how everything worked and purchased a car wash. This worked a little differently as the car doesn't go through the wash. Instead, you park in the building and there are metal arms that move around the outside and top of the car to clean it. When finished I actually liked the quality of this wash better that the one I have used all these years.  

Now I had a new wrinkle in my brain as my Mom used to say when we learned something new.

The other silly thing that happened this day was a text message for Eloise Ferrell who plays the organ for our Sacrament Meeting each Sunday. She had to work the next Sunday and needed someone to sub for her. She has created an eMail list of those who play the organ and piano. She also play the piano for Primary. So she needed someone to play the organ and then the piano for the last two hours of Church. I volunteered to play the organ for Sacrament Meeting. I could not play for Primary as I use that time to go and visit with Papa each Sunday. In a bit Katie Werner volunteered to play the organ for Sacrament Meeting and to play the piano the last hour of Primary. Someone else volunteered to play the piano for Primary. 

Now, as life would have it, I woke up with a disconcerting dream the night before. I dreamed I was asked to play the organ for General Conference in Salt Lake City. I went in to set up and someone was already playing prelude at the organ. So I decided they must be playing for the meeting and felt I needed to use that time to take some pictures. When I returned from my picture taking outing, it was time for the meeting to start and there was no one playing the organ. I hurried to get to the organ and realized I didn't know what stops to use and had not practiced it. I awoke in a state of anxiety about the meeting not going well because I hadn't covered the bases for playing. 

When I saw Katie also said she could play the organ for Sacrament Meeting, I felt the same feeling I had in my dream when I woke up. Not good, really, not good. I responded on the text to Katie and told her she could play the organ for Sacrament Meeting and I would play another time. Katie said it was okay with her if I played. Oh dear. Anxiety again. I sent Katie a private eMail and explained my silly dream. I told her I really didn't want to experience that anxiety so we would just set that she was playing. She said that would be fine. 

Such silliness that a dream can cause you such concern. 

No comments:

Post a Comment