Monday, October 29, 2018

Snapshots in Time...

The Ropers had company this week. Several really cute pictures were posted on Facebook. I must give credit to Jennifer Squires for these pictures of Raelyn. Just think they are too cute not to share on this Blog. In the first one she is just riding in the car but you can see all of her cute face. In the second one she is in her Halloween costume. She is the Queen of Hearts. Oh my!!
This final picture is just a blast from my past. The Mini's wanted strawberries and Nutella to munch on while they were here. There were strawberries left over. Claude came in to the kitchen this morning and asked me what I was doing. I was mashing up the strawberries with a fork. Then I put milk over them (which would have been cream when I was a child) and a bit of sugar. When I was a child, my Mother's parents had an enormous strawberry patch. It was bigger than most people's gardens. We were allowed to stroll through it and eat all the strawberries we wanted. One of my favorite treats back them was to cut up the strawberries, mash them with a fork, put on cream and sugar and eat them all up. I watched my hands doing this and saw my Mother's hands preparing this treat for me and my sisters. Yummy!! Loved enjoying this delectable memory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment