Wednesday, November 27, 2019

A Few Tidbits before Thanksgiving...

Sunday, November 24th, Katelyn posted these pictures of our little girls. Oh my goodness, I love getting pictures. Look at how sweet they are together. 
Monday, November 25th, I finished the second pair of flannel pajamas. These are for Nelson. I have Emelia's cut out but will have to wait to get them sewn until after Thanksgiving. How huggable will Nelson be in these soft pajamas? I think pretty darn huggable!!
Tuesday, November the 26th, Katelyn had Raelyn help her bake cookies. Love that face. Today I baked a cake for Thanksgiving dessert. While I was mixing the chocolate/banana pudding batter, Claude was downstairs vacuuming and putting up the air mattress for company this weekend. I finished my mixing and got a cereal bowl. Into it I put the beaters and the spatula with the chocolate batter on it. When Claude came up, I had his treat waiting. Trust me. Licking the beaters and the spatula never get old. 
Tuesday morning we had sunny skies. I hurried to the nursing home to take Papa to the creek. The clouds would roll in as we sat there. When it was almost noon, I started the car to take Papa back to the nursing home. The geese were totally unconcerned with moving from the road so I could get out of the park. I even honked my horn but I truly believe they thought it was some weird kind of goose honking!! I finally looked at Papa and said, "I'm going on out but we may be having a goose for Thanksgiving dinner instead of a turkey!!" We had a good chuckle. 
Today, Wednesday, November 27th, Claude had his physical therapy appointment. He drops me off at the nursing home and then goes for his appointment while I visit with Papa. This allows us to only take one car into Georgetown. We left early so we could get a biscuit for breakfast. We got a ping on our phones as we were driving to Georgetown. The alert was that a tractor/trailer had turned over and all lanes of I-75 were blocked. Alas, we were on I-75 going south with no exit. We came upon the back up and stayed in the right lane. It was moving just a bit. We called the physical therapy people and informed them Claude would be a tab bit late. When we came upon the mess it was just that, a really big mess. This was a tractor trailer hauling garbage to the dump. We are having horrible wind gust today. Part of the truck's problem was the wind. I wish I had, had my phone ready to take a picture. That tractor and trailer were across all three lanes of the northbound side of I-75. They had cleared one lane of the southbound side of I-75 but the other two lanes were filled with debris from the garbage truck. The debris seemed to be mostly metal things. It was all over the Interstate. They were going to be a long time cleaning this up and getting the report done on the wreck. No injuries. The worst thing was they must have called for dump trucks to haul off the debris. One of them, instead of going to the dump and paying to dump the trash, chose to dump their load of trash along the intersection near Sadieville. The rudeness of some people is underwhelming.

Now we are ready and waiting for the Marx family to be in here in just a few minutes. Jake will drive down after work and we will all have a nice Thanksgiving weekend. Happy Thanksgiving to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment