Friday, November 22, 2019

Things that Happened on Thursday...

Thursday, November 21st, Claude and I had our breakfast biscuit from Chick-filA on the way to our Adult Religion Class. 

This particular class was excellent. They are all great but this one really topped the cake. Claude and I both commented and talked about the things we learned during this class. We were studying 1, 2, & 3 John and Jude. Darin Griffith started with Jude and shared the history of the time with a wonderful chart he had created on the board. We covered the big conventions from the Nicean one on and how the creed was formed. As we talked we went backwards from Jude to 3 John to 2 John, to 1 John. It was just fascinating to put the history of the time with the scriptural record and to relate it to revelation received in our day. I do love this time with my hubby each Thursday morning. It is a good investment of our time.

After our class we had lunch at Chipotle. This is indeed one of my favorite places to eat. 

Christmas is coming. Almost all my gathering of Christmas gifts is complete. Which really leaves Claude and I to buy for each other. This has become a loving, difficult, funny time in our lives. We don't want to add anything to our home. We have all the clothes and things we really need. It just gets difficult when you reach the point where if you need or really want something, you get it. I actually found a beautiful quilt with turtles all over it. I loved it. I passed it by even though it was listed at 50% off till a certain time. That day came and it kept popping up on my laptop that the 50% of deal would be over by the day after they said the last time. This continued for a week!! I shared my desire for this beautiful handmade quilt at half off and the fact that I really don't need the quilt. Claude told me I should order it. So I did. Then the next day we were discussing Christmas ideas for each of us and getting no where. Then I said, "You could wrap up my quilt and give it to me when it arrives." Claude was happy with that idea. The next day Claude lays an ad from Cabela's on the breakfast table and points out some slippers he wants and suggests I might consider those for Christmas. I thought that was a great idea as it was something he would want and would use. Ahhhh....the magic of Christmas!!!

After our lunch at Chipotle, I suggested to Claude that we go to Cabela's and try on those slippers to be sure they would fit right. We are so pleased we did because the ones I would have picked out didn't fit at all and they didn't have the color he wanted. He tried on three different slippers and finally picked the right size and color and walked out a happy man. So we both know what we are getting for Christmas but we are getting this we want and that we will use. Again...Ahhhh....the magic of Christmas!!!

We headed back to Sadieville. Usually we leave my car at the nursing home on the way to our religion class and Claude drops me off to visit Papa. Today we would be joining Papa for dinner so we headed on home to get a few things accomplished before them. I did a Blog entry and finished a Christmas gift. 

I am making each of the great grandmonsters flannel pajamas for Christmas. I finished up Raelyn's yesterday afternoon. Now on to cut out and make Nelson's. I think I should have started with Emelia because it will be smaller and then treated myself to the larger, easier ones. Alas, I did not think of that. But I am happy with the first pajama set. It is purple and that will please Raelyn no end.
We drove back to Georgetown in the rain. Ugh!! Every year the Thursday before Thanksgiving, Signature Health Care hosts a Thanksgiving dinner for the residents and their families. Claude and I join Papa for an evening with him. He was very happy to see us. He enjoyed his meal and the company. We met a few of the family members of residents I see every day and even met a resident and her daughter. This nice lady is also on Papa's hall. It was a good evening.
It was a good Thursday full of many good moments in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment