Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Gifting...

I'll start this Blogging session with a quick note about gifting in my recent life. 

We have dear friends from our time in Maryland. Their three kids are all grown. Their only daughter, Tara, is studying to use her art skills in making children's books. She has done several postings of her illustrations on Facebook. Tara recently posted about an experience she had and I felt impressed to send her a private message telling her what an amazing young woman she was. She is beautiful outside but, more importantly, she is beautiful inside. We messaged back and forth a bit. Then I had another strong impression. The Soressi's have owned Corgi's. These are the same dogs that Queen Elizabeth loves. It turns out our Bailey has a love of Corgi's. She is not going to have one since they already have two very large cats. I have seen drawings Tara has done with Corgi's as the dog in her artwork. I asked Tara if she would make a picture or painting or drawing of a Corgi with Bailey. She assured me she would love to do that. She asked for background material. I sent her a little information about our Bailey and her fun personality. I also sent several pictures of Bailey including one of Bailey holding their two cats. Tara is going to play with these pictures and do a drawing or two to be sure we are on track. Then she will make a finished product for Claude and I to give to Bailey for her birthday next year. I am so excited about this unique gift I could fairly burst. 

Sunday I talked with a friend in Georgetown who does some laser wood carving artwork. Again, the impression came that this would make a unique gift. Next year Claude and I will celebrate 50 years of marriage. I asked Dusty if he could make a Christmas ornament using whatever logo Claude and I create for the t-shirts. He said he could do that. So, once we figure out what we are doing with the t-shirts, I will give that image to Dusty and he will make an ornament for us to give to each family when we have our family reunion in June to celebrate our 50th Anniversary. Again, this is a unique gift that really makes me happy. 

I believe these kinds of impressions come as answers to prayers to Heavenly Father to help me do things in the right way. It just feels so good to live and have that good feeling when doing things the right way. I will post when these gifts are completed. What fun they will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment