Thursday, July 16, 2009

Camp Christensen 2009 Begins...

Monday, July 6th, found Claude and I heading the Muskegon, Michigan to pick up Paul & Aubrey Anne for Camp Christensen 2009. Have you heard the word 'charesty'? During the drive I was reading my Ensign for July (this is a Church monthly magazine). Somewhere between Cincinnati and Dayton Claude sees a deer. He mentions it to me and I look around but see no deer at all. We are on I-75 in the middle of major construction with hospitals on either side of the freeway. There are 3 lanes of traffic going each direction. Claude and I have a brief discussion about my not being able to spot a deer and he says, "It's because you were reading about 'charisty' and not paying attention." Claude was accidentally combining the words 'charity' and 'modesty' and came up with 'charesty'. Okay, so it is not so funny in the retelling but I really want to remember this new word for future reference. We made it to Michigan and Claude had a quick nap after checking into our hotel room before meeting Nissa, Todd, Paul & Aubrey. We had a wonderful dinner at The Golden Corral. Then we went to their home for a nice visit. Claude and I spent the night in the motel so we could have one final evening of good sleep before the Camp festivities took us on our annual merry chase.

No comments:

Post a Comment