Friday, July 24, 2009

Friday's Funnies...

1st Funny: I must preface this eMail by stating that Claude and I have work areas on different levels of our home. His office is upstairs in what was built as a bedroom. My sewing/craft/computer room in in the basement. As a result, we have learned that we can eMail each other or call from our cell phones to the land line and save a few steps up and down the stairs. Some may call this lazy...we prefer calling it clever and efficient. As I checked my eMail's after posting my blog this morning, I found this one from my hubby... From: Claude J. Christensen [mailto:christensen13@bellsouth.net] Sent: Friday, July 24, 2009 9:16 AM To: 'Sandra Christensen'Subject: A Hot Date Hi, In case I don’t see you any time soon, howz about you keep your calendar clear on the evening of the 30th. I’d like to take you out for a birthday dinner… C So there you have it. He really thinks I spend all my time in the basement (I do spend a LOT of time down here.) but he still remembers the important dates. Not bad for 2 people approaching 'fossilization' as Papa says. 2nd Funny: My blog is my journal. After posting a blog, I have a Word file set up to let me copy and paste my entry to it. Then I print it out and keep it in...you guessed it...a purple notebook. When I printed one of today's entries, I realized the color ink is REALLY gone in my printer. So I grabbed the spare I keep in the file cabinet. It was in it's usual cardboard box but it had a clear hard plastic box covering that. I checked the spare black cartridge and it was also packaged this way. I tried to find the way to open this clear hard plastic box. I found a little button it looked like you should slide to one side or press in or something but I just didn't have the strength to get it to work. I now trundled up my stairs to find the muscle in my home. Claude was at this desk "Indexing" family history stuff. I asked him if he could use his intellect and muscle and open this clear hard plastic box covering my much needed color ink cartridge. He pushed and pressed to no avail. He looked at me and said, "This is the protective box they should have taken off at the store. I might could try to crack it open with a hammer." By now I'm thinking, "Does Claude still have the receipt? Can I take it back to Walmart and show the receipt and get them to open the boxes?" Claude heads to the garage to his workbench and the hammer and chisel. I head to the basement to retrieve the black cartridge box encased in unopenable plastic. When I get back upstairs and as I'm walking toward the garage door, I hear a pounding and pounding with the hammer but not one cracking sound. By the time I get to the garage door Claude has his chisel and is trying to pry the thing open. I watched for a minute, then suggested we call "Hayden" to see if he could open this child proof item. I try to pry open black cartridge while Claude tries to pry open the color cartridge. Finally Claude put the chisel on the back latch of the clear hard plastic box and whacks it repeatedly with the hammer. FINALLY the latch cracks and breaks. He repeats this 3 more times with the other latches. I now have color and black in cartridges for my printer. I just told Claude, "I now have new respect for those who choose to steal these things and then try to get into them!"

No comments:

Post a Comment