Friday, July 17, 2009

This Week in Review...

Monday, July 13, I drove back to Muskegon with Aubrey and Paul to take them home. We stopped north of Cincinnati for a snack and to fill the car with gas. Then we drove to northern Ohio for a lunch break at Burger King. While there we called Katelyn in Utah to wish her a happy 17th birthday. Where did those years go???? Then on the Grand Rapids, Michigan to the Krispy Kreme donuts place for a box of donuts for Nissa. We arrived in Muskegon about 5:30pm. Nissa fixed us a great pork chop dinner. We sat at the table and watched the CD of Camp Christensen pictures. After the kids went to bed, Nissa and I got to have a nice chat. I've found that once my daughters had kids it is a lot harder to have one-on-one time with them. We seem to always be playing and enjoying the kids together. It was really nice to have some time with just my Nissa. By 10:30pm I was in Katelyn's bed resting away. Tuesday, July 14, I drove frm Muskegon to Dexter, Michigan where Jake works to have lunch with him and see his place-O'-employment. I did this with another stop in Grand Rapids to purchase another dozen donuts to take to his office. Jake gave me the grand tour of Mager. Then we headed to Borders so he could purchase a copy of Melville's book 'Moby Dick'. Then we lunched at Joe's Crab Shack. Yummy!! I had been through and had dinner with Jake before and we ate there. They had one in Maryland that we liked to go to every now and then. It was a great meal and just wonderful to see and visit with Jake. He was published. He had the quote in the magazine. After visiting with Jake for a couple of hours, I headed on to Sadieville. I must say the drive to Michigan is not horrible except for the HUGE part in Ohio. You can go 70 mph in Kentucky and Michigan but Ohio requires you to slow to 65 mph. It just seems like you are going at a snails pace then even though it is only 4 mph different. I got home about 7:30pm and found my honey in the back just finishing watering his tomatoes and peppers on the bottom deck. We sat in the glider on the patio and caught up and enjoyed the cool of the evening in Kentucky. Wednesday, July 15th, I started my laundry, tried to begin to catch up on the eMails, and tried to edit some pictures. I went into Georgetown in the afternoon to sing with Papa. Then home in the evening for more picture editing and some quiet time with Claude. Thursday, July 16th, I was at Papa's at 7:45 am to take him to Georgetown Hospital for surgery on his ear. He had a skin cancer that they tried to burn off (the cancer grew back) and then cut off (the cancer grew back and another one started on the inside of his ear). So they referred him to another doctor who set him up to surgically remove this cancer with an oncologist to check to see if his margins were clean before stitching him up. They feel sure they have gotten what was there now. He had an inch long cut from his ear that would look something like a bite out of a cookie. Dr. Shashy stitched it up and then used the fold in the skin inside his ear to fill in where he removed the cancer in his ear. Papa was released about 11:15am. He and I had not eaten so I took him to Burger King for lunch. Then I drove him to see Mimi and feed her lunch. Then we headed to CVS pharmacy to pick up his 2 prescriptions and a prescription for Claude. Then I took him home, let Tiny out, cleaned Papa's head, and made sure he understood and took his first medications. He has a narcotic pain killer and a strong antibiotic. I was going to bring him out to Sadieville for the night but he really wanted to be in his own apartment. Friday, July 17th, I was at Papa's apartment at 8am to take him to the Social Services office to file the annual information for Mimi's nursing home care. Papa was really rugged looking. He is dutifully taking his pain meds and antibiotic. The pain medication is really making him tired and a bit dizzy. We went to the Social Services office and after a bit they rescheduled us for a Monday appointment. I took Papa to the nursing home so he could see Mimi today and not have to drive there. I had taken in my hair cutting scissors because Mimi really needed a hair cut. They let me use the little room they have a beautician come in and fix hair for the residents. Papa and I got Mimi in the chair and pumped her up in the air and gave her a good haircut. Then I took Papa home. He is keeping a good chart of all his medications so he takes each one at the right time. I tried to get him to come out to Sadieville but he really wants to try to stay in his apartment. He doesn't plan on leaving it through Sunday. He realizes there is pain where these stitches are. I returned to Sadieville, am completing my blogs, and will attend Sadieville's music program this evening with Claude. It has been a very full 2 weeks. I think I'll go take a nap now!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment