Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Wonderful Weekend...

Saturday, April 10th, was a beautiful day in Kentucky. The temperature was warm, the skies were clear and it was just a great day to be out and about.

Claude had accepted an invitation for he and I to go to Keeneland Race for Toyota Stakes Day. Ironically it was one year ago this month that we took Katelyn to Keeneland when she visited for her Spring Break. I had surgery just a few weeks before. So Claude and Katelyn found a nice seat in a covered section for me to sit in for the afternoon. It was a cool day. I remember leaving Keeneland around 5:30pm and as soon as I got in the back seat of the car falling over and going to sleep for the ride home.

This year I was healthy except for the non-stop allergy attack. But this wasn't a real issue because Toyota was having their affair in the Lexington Room on the 4th floor of Keeneland. It is a totally enclosed room and there was not pollen to irritate my sensitive nose!!

We sat at a table for 4 - there was Claude (Mayor of Sadieville) and me and Jarod & Janet Hollon (Mayor of Stamping Ground). I not met either of these wonderful people and they were delightful tablemates.

We were served a great buffet meal. I opted out of the roast beast or chicken and just ate the veggies, bread and dessert. Later in the afternoon they served popcorn to munch on.

We watched 9 of the races, the last one being the Toyota Stakes race. It was the most exciting by far. That doesn't mean I'm complaining about the others. Watching beautiful horses run is a thrilling experience. But the real long shot in the Toyota Stakes race was like 30-1. He was the horse that won the race. This brings a lot of excitement to a room whether you are betting or not. It's fun to be a part of that animation and emotion.

Sunday was Church in the morning. I substituted playing the organ again. We had great meetings. During Relief Society the 2nd Counselor was conducting and she asked me to hold her tiny newborn baby. What a wonderful experience that was.

We took Papa to lunch at the Mexican restaurant. Then I headed to the nursing home to visit with my mom. Then I traveled down the road to LaGrange to help with watching Bailey mostly and Hayden a bit.

When I got to the Marx home Hayden scurried down the stairs to see me with his wonderful excitement and telling me all the things that were happening and catching me up on the new things he has learned about the solar system and galaxies. When Bailey woke up and came downstairs she was sure Pa (Claude) should have been with me. Once she understood it was just me this time and that Pa has work to do in Sadieville she was okay. She does love Pa.

We had a good time with Hayden and Bailey. The weather was great and I brought new bubbles to play with outside. The kids have a new playset the Michael and Claude put together and we spent some time playing on it. It was a good couple of days.

Saturday night I headed to bed. Hayden had to stay up until midnight. Michael was up with Hayden for the evening shift of keeping him awake. Michael took Hayden to do an errand late and then for a treat. When they got home I was in my room finishing reading some things for our Relief Society Leadership Training this coming Saturday. At one point I could hear Hayden running down the hall. Then he scurried back to the other end of the hall. I reminded me of when he was little and learned to crawl. He was so fast. Jake was sleeping on an air mattress in my sewing room which is under our master bedroom. In the morning Jake was trying to sleep in and we had Hayden come in our room to play when we first woke up. He would scurry across our bedroom floor and Jake was hearing the same quick movement I was hearing this weekend. Sounds almost like you have a squirrel running in the attic. Really cute.

Andie had 5am wake up duty with Hayden. I got up between 7am and 7:30am and played with Hayden a bit before Andie and he left. Then Michael was off to work. Bailey and I amused ourselves quite nicely together. She is a very interesting little girl. I'm fascinated with her speech. I didn't realize she had learned all her letters in capital form. We caught a bit of Super Y before we started her Bambi movie. They displayed the letter 'L' and Bailey said what it was before the TV characters told her. She did this with the other letters as well. Yeah Bailey!!

Andie brought us lunch from Subway when she and Hayden returned. Then it was time to put the mini-Marx's down for quiet time. Bailey went down first. Then I went into Hayden's room to read to him. Andie headed to the dentist. Hayden and I read for a good bit in his space book. Then I suggested he might want to snuggle and fall asleep for a bit. It really didn't take him long to succumb to a very tired little body.

I had a bit of time to check eMails quickly before Bailey work up. We played until after 5pm before I went up to wake up Hayden. Andie returned and Michael got home from work so I headed back to Sadieville. It was fun to be with the youngest of our grandmonsters. I am grateful to be able to help occasionally and that they are close enough for that to happen.

Today Claude had his 6 month teeth cleaning appointment. He dropped me off at the nursing home and I visited with Mimi while Papa fed her. Then Papa and I headed to his apartment to practice some songs for tomorrows singing at the nursing home. I tried to fix somethings with Papa's computer also.

Then Claude took me to Pizza Hut for our late lunch/early dinner meal of the day. It was delicious and we both enjoyed just sitting and dining together for a bit.

Tomorrow morning Claude and I will go to Papa's and get him. Then we are off to the Louisville Temple for a bit. In the afternoon I'll sing with Papa at the nursing home.

This Saturday is our stake Relief Society Leadership Training. I'm spending every spare minute finishing my preparations for that meeting. I'll probably not blog until that is over.

Saturday afternoon we will have a meeting at City Hall in  Sadieville. Then we have a meeting in Georgetown.

Sunday is a Ward Conference visit to Winchester Ward.

This week is not lacking in things to get done. I'm off to the races it would seem in my personal life!!

1 comment:

  1. I thought you & dad were supposed to be retired ????

    ReplyDelete