Wednesday, November 9, 2011

I Always Wondered...Now I Know...

As I left the nursing home this evening, I pulled up behind a car at the stoplight. The traffic was trying to turn off Broadway onto Pocahontas. They were having a really hard time making that turn. I couldn't understand why...until...

This is where I learned when you can tell it time to quit driving...always wanted to know...here is a big hint:

The little elderly man who drove up behind me wanted to make a left hand turn onto Broadway. He pulled up by the car in front of me as though there was a left turn lane there...there is not, never has been, and, unless they make Pocahontas wider, there never will be. So the poor drivers trying to get their turn at the light from Broadway to Pocahotas were struggling to be sure they didn't ding their car or this little elderly man's car.

There you have it...when you start creating turn lanes with there are none...QUIT DRIVING!!!  I must remember this as I age gracefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment