Thursday, November 3, 2011

Spanish for Gingos - Level One...

That, my friends, is the name of my most recently purchased book (a.k.a. manual, text book). Claude has one just like it!!

Claude found a notice about a Spanish class every Tuesday and Thursday in November at the Continuing Learning Center in Georgetown. He looked up from the newspaper and said, "How would you like to take a Spanish class with me?" I looked up from my needlework and said, "That sounds like fun!" Claude did the calling and setting up and Tuesday evening we had our first class and got this lovely red textbook.

I took a little Spanish in high school. Let's face it, I graduated in 1968 and I took the Spanish class in about 1965. You do the math...it's been a while.  Claude took a Spanish class in college.  So we each have a bit of Spanish and a LOT to learn.

Tonight will be our second class. I spent an hour this afternoon perusing the textbook's first chapter and half of the second chapter.

The things I like best about this so far is...it is not for any credit, there aren't tests (that I know of) and the other students are all our age or older. Our teacher is a professional teacher of first and second graders and teaches them Spanish. We are on a level playing field with everyone.

This could be great fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment