Monday, February 13, 2012

Happy Birthday to Bailey...

Last Wednesday our youngest grandmonster, Miss Bailey, turned 5 whole years old. We went Friday to take her birthday presents to her and also to watch her and Hayden while Andie and Michael went to a play.

We arrived before Hayden got home from school. Bailey donned her Birthday Crown from Pre-School and read us one of her books.
Andie was diligently working on the birthday cake for Bailey's party to be held Saturday. Bailey and I did the picking up Hayden at the bus stop duty so that Andie could continue with her project. Hayden came bounding off that bus and ran right up for hugs. We had not made it quite to the bus stop so it made for a fun 'run and greet' moment. Those are one of my very favorite kind of hugs.

We got the kids dread lock hats while on our cruise. We should have gotten the adult size but they were still fun.
Bailey opened her presents from us. Several years ago I found a wooden paper doll that had lots of dark hair and was actually named Bailey on the packaging. I have saved it until I thought Bailey would be old enough to enjoy it. This year we gave her the Bailey doll.
I was also fortunate enough to stumble into a bargain binat Walmart with a copy of The Last Unicorn. Bailey loves this movie so I bought it and we gave that as well.  Bailey said something indicative of these years in which she is growing up. It was something like, "Is this mine and I don't have to wait for it to come from Netflix?"  Very funny.
I found a Pixie toy that made noise. It made noise inside the wrapping while Bailey was holding the package. Bailey was most curious. It also took Claude some time to get all those pieces out of the box. They do put things together with lots and lots of ties and tape nowadays.
While Bailey played with her toys, Andie and Hayden went through his school bag. Love watching these tender moments.
Hayden tried once again to help me learn to play Wii. I think I might be a lost cause. It becomes a lesson in patience for this little grandson.  He also had Claude play a bit with him while I cut Andie and Bailey's hair.
These two pictures are self-portraits taken by Bailey of her legs and feet. While an adult may think they have to get everything in their frame, a kid is not limited by those rules. Bailey loved her 'stripped yegs'. The first picture she is sitting on the loveseat and the second picture she is laying on her back with her foot in the air. Gotta love it.
 
Claude got us pizza for dinner. Andie headed out to meet Michael for their dinner and play. Bailey wanted to watch her Last Unicorn movie. I finished reading the 5th Harry Potter book so Hayden wanted  me to see the movie. Claude and Bailey took the family room to watch the Last Unicorn. Claude said this is probably the worst movie ever. I'm not sure about that. We tried to watch something called First Family many years ago and, while I don't remember a thing about the movie, I do remember we all voted it the worst movie ever. Hayden and I occupied the basement with Harry Potter.

After getting the Mini's to bed, I came down and watched TV with Claude. He was watching a Monk episode that had Adam Arkin playing an enormous person who is very evil and wealthy and can't get out of hid bed. As we watched this show I was diligently working a Sudoku. Claude said, "If I ever get that big you can kill me."  Totaly engrossed in my Sudoku I mumbled, "Okay." Then Claude, in a  most deadpan voice said, "I want you to do it with pasta!"  I lost it and we both just sat on that loveseat in the family room laughing until the tears rolled down our cheeks. Nothing like being old and enjoying old people humor.

Michael sent me a picture on my cell phone. I think the next play was an hour long version of all the Star Wars movies in one. Hayden was impressed when I showed him this picture on Saturday morning.
Saturday morning we were up and out the door by 7:30am. We had to be back in Georgetown for a breakfast meeting for Claude. I remembered and quickly got a picture of Bailey's birthday cake. I'm not sure why it looks like it is leaning. With an 'Under the Sea' theme this cake is perfect. The inside is layers of cake batter in two different colors that look swirled around. They blue layer is the same color as the outside of the cake. Bailey is a happy camper with her cake.
It was a quick but fun visit. Thanks Marx family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment