Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Sleepover #1...

Our little Bailey has had it in her head that she was coming to our home for a sleepover for a long time. A few weeks ago she packed her little suitcase and took it downstairs and informed Andie that she was packed and ready to go to Ma and Pa house for her sleepover. She further assured her mom that she had packed two pairs of pajamas just like her mom does. Last weekend was the best time we have had to get this sleepover accomplished for Miss Bailey.

Bailey attends pre-school Tuesday through Thursday each week. I would be able to go to pick her up Thursday afternoon. Then I would take her back Friday afternoon after Hayden was home from school and bring Hayden back for his sleepover on Friday night. Saturday I would take Hayden home.

I met Andie at the Taco Bell in Shelbyville. Bailey wanted nothing to eat. She only wanted to eat when she got to Ma and Pa's house. So we loaded her suitcase and bag of lovies in my car, Andie installed the car seat and Bailey and I headed off to Sadieville.

Bailey was out of the car seat and into the house in a flash. The first order of business was to feed this bundle of energy. Bailey loves yogurt and I always keep it and she know that. When asked what she would like to eat she headed right to the fridge, picked the flavor she wanted, got the flax seed to add to the top, got a spoon and headed to the table. Cracked me up. As she was eating Bailey said, "The yogurt goes down my throat and into my tummy and does a cruise." Love the mental processes of a little kid.

I had purchased pink and purple nail polish. We spread out a sheet and went to work polishing those little fingers and toes. Bailey has been learning about patterns in school so we used a pattern to paint those digits by alternating pink and purple.
Nail polishing was accomplished on my bedroom floor with the jewelry chest right in view. It was a logical step to check out the jewelry. Bailey loves playing in there. We found a large heart pendant. By taking a pendant off a gold chain we put the heart pendant in its place and Bailey enjoyed wearing it around for a while. She is usually very careful with my jewelry.
Movies are a big deal when visiting. Bailey and I headed to the basement to find the perfect movie for before bedtime. She chose a Land Before Time movie and Claude set us up on the big TV. We enjoyed a movie and a dinner picnic in front of the TV. Then we headed upstairs to brush teeth and get ready for bed. We read three stories and it was time to tuck Bailey in. I offered the guest room bed for her to sleep in. She opted to sleep in the pod bed. So I tucked her in with all her lovies and blankets and started her music and she went right to sleep.

Friday we filled our day with lots of things from a bubble bath, to playing with Pa, to making jewelry with Pa, to trying to blow on the shofar, to inspecting Pa's newest wood carving (could the girl's eyes be any bigger??), to making sugar cookies and cutting them out, and ending with playing and finding the mini-light saber we tucked away and couldn't find for months. There seem to be no end to the possibilities to fill our day.
The end result was that Claude and I won...as we drove Bailey back to Shelbyville to drop her off and pick up Hayden, the little darling fell asleep. Score one for Pa and Ma!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment