Saturday, November 30, 2013

Beginning the Christmas Season...

Friday, November 22nd, Claude and I experienced the first taste of Christmas season fun. While I love to get all my Christmas shopping done by Thanksgiving, we don't do any decorating or those types of Christmas things until Thanksgiving is over.
Photo: A nice way to start the season.
However, this year I got an eMail notification that Mannheim Steamroller was coming to the Lexington Opera House before Thanksgiving to do a Christmas music show.  We have one of their Christmas CD's and really enjoy it. We have never seen them in concert before. I asked Claude if he was interested. Claude said he was.  So I set about purchasing tickets.  They were only going to be in Lexington Thursday and Friday evenings, both of which we could not go.  However, as fortune would have it, they were also doing a 2pm Friday concert.  I purchased tickets for that performance.

We very much enjoyed the concert. Our seats were great.  The music was delightful.  The videos they played on the big screen as they played their instruments were grand.  It was just a wonderful afternoon.

The lead violinist was wearing red sneakers.  One of the percussionists was wearing red shoelaces with his dress shoes.  The other percussionist was totally into his art. I really enjoyed the way he handled those drum sticks when he played little drummer boy. When they performed White Christmas with the lights through little specks of light around the audience, I found myself wanting it to snow.  They even came back for an encore.

I can highly recommend their concert and we would definitely go again.  We both found this a delightful beginning to this Christmas season...even if it was before Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment