Saturday, November 30, 2013

November Notable Moments...

Moments I want to remember from November 2013...

Item #1:
During this month I finished typing Mimi and Papa's journals.  Now to scan a few pictures that were contained in them.

Item #2:
Claude and I attend the welcoming reception for Dr. Green at the Cordome Center Thursday, November 14th. Dr. Green is the new president of Georgetown College in Georgetown, Kentucky.  This was my first time to be inside the Cardome Center.  The reception was held in the old chapel. The windows are amazing.  The pianist playing background music really, really needed a light on the piano.  I wanted to head back out to the Jeep and get a flashlight and hold it to help her see.  At minimum, Georgetown College should contribute to glasses for her and the young lady that followed her.  I'm just positive that dim lighting may have damaged their vision to some degree.  It was a lovely reception.

Item #3:
I was able to take baptism preparation materials to two young ladies who turned  seven years old.  When I got to Brinley's home, she was anxiously sitting on the front steps waiting for me.  It just made me feel so happy. When I came home I told Claude about how cute she was. Claude simply said, "You got a pay back."  It was a grand reward for serving as Primary president.

Item #4:
We attended the funeral of Tommy Jones on Saturday, November 16th.  Tommy was very good friends with Bobbie Bruner, the Police Chief for Sadieville. Tommy was also a police officer and helped with a school in Lexington. Tommy created a webpage for Sadieville at no charge and maintained it for us. It was a tender funeral.  Once again I saw the value of hugs.  One cannot under estimate the value of a good, appropriate hug.

Item #5:
Sunday, November 17th, we attended the Eagle Court of Honor for Wesley Holt.  The cutest moment came when Wesley asked his younger brother, Austin, to come up and stand with him.  Austin is 11 years old and is in Scouts also. Austin lead the flag ceremony at the beginning of the Court of Honor. Austin stood by Wesley. Wesley put his arm around Austin and gave him some encourgement in scouting. Then Wesley took his scarf from his neck and gave it to Austin and put it around Austin's neck. Before the Court of Honor was over, Rex Holt, the father, had Austin come back up and reciprocate and give Wesley a new scarf for his neck. The boys hugged each other. They genuinely love and care for each other.  Nice moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment