Friday, November 1, 2013

In Concert...

Sunday, September 29th was a full day.  It seems that Claude's car was in the shop so he and I had to share my car. This meant Claude and I picked up Papa and took him to Georgetown. Then Claude hurried to Owingsville. The Gibson's were kind enough to take Papa home after he taught his Primary class.  I stayed in Georgetown and covered the bases there for Church and then just waited until Claude could get back from Owingsville to pick me up. 

I had material to read and settled into the Primary room to read quietly till Claude got there.  Little Ahna Rocabado came to the Primary room.  It seems her mom was meeting with the Bishop and she was supposed to be in the foyer down the hall with a teenager that was there to watch Ahna and her brother and sister.  He came to find Ahna and I told him it was fine, that she could sit with me while I waited for Claude.  Ahna just turned 4 years old. She knows me well because I visited their home each month as her mother's visiting teacher.  She curled up on my lap and we opened my Kindle and looked at pictures.  It was fascinating that she knew exactly how to move the pictures and go back to the beginning to pick another file of pictures.  I'm blown away by how these kids just know how to use these electronic tools that I have to work to learn how to use. It was delightful having her look and pictures and ask questions and begin learning the names of my grandmonsters.

Claude called when he got to the Church and told me which door he was parked at.  Ahna and I closed up the Kindle and I walked her back to where the young man would be sure she was okay until her mom finished. By that time he had her brother asleep on the sofa.  I assured him he was doing a grand job.

Then Claude and I headed to the Georgetown-Scott County Museum. The Museum has a new exhibit on Native American Artifacts and the opening reception was that afternoon. Claude is on the Board of Directors for the Museum. So we made an appearance and enjoyed looking at the displays.  The new museum director took our picture and it was in the Georgetown newspaper.

Then Claude and I were off to Louisville.  We had tickets for a one night only performance by Vince Gill. We both love Vince Gill and have never seen him in concert.

Vince Gill had a female opening act. She performed well and it was enjoyable. Then there was a break and Vince Gill and his band came on stage.

Once he was on stage he sang and talked the entire time, no intermission.  Loved the stories and how they fit with the songs he has written.  Learned so many fun things. Claude was sure he was wearing bedroom slippers with no socks.  I'm not sure but what Claude was right.  He was grand to listen to and to sing along with.  However, the feel for this concern was different from others we have gone to.  It wasn't until the very end that he encouraged us to clap along.  That was okay.  The other thing was no one ever stood up in front of us to just dance by their seat as he sang.  It seemed like a more reserved crowd. We totally enjoyed ourselves and would go again in a heartbeat.

Then it was a long drive home. A full day and a good day, even with only one car.

No comments:

Post a Comment