Saturday, November 30, 2013

Showing They Care with a Bouquet...

Sunday, November 17th, Claude was actually in Georgetown Ward for church. He was speaking in sacrament meeting.  He did a wonderful job talking about paying tithing.

After sacrament meeting I headed to the Primary room. For the next two hours I was busy with covering the music time for our chorister who had to attend another congregation that day.  After Primary was over, I was busy trying to clean up and also listen as children tried to pass off saying an Article of Faith from memory. While doing these end of Primary things, one of the CTR 6 class members came in and gave me a paper flower they made.  Shortly after another child came and gave me another flower, then another.  I was completely surprised and thanked each child as they came in with a flower for me. 

Amanda Johnson, their teacher, then told me they had a lesson on appreciating leaders.  She was to pick any leader and give clues and have the kids guess who the leader was.  Amanda asked Claude some things about me so she could use them as clues.  Claude gave her things like 'devoted', favorite color is purple, the one thing I would want them to know is that I love them, etc.  As Amanda gave the kids the clues they began to guess. Most were guessing it was their mother.  Rhett Barber thought it was one of his sisters.  I think that is a great thing in and of itself.  When she said that I loved daisies Brinley immediately knew it was me. Then Amanda set them to making flowers to show their appreciation.  The kids wrote little notes on the back of their flowers. Most said "I love you."  One said something about chocolate. 

I have these flowers in a vase and will save them for a great uplift when things are difficult and to remember the kindness of a good Primary teacher and the wonderful children she so carefully teaches.
Photo: This beautiful bouquet came one child at a time to me in the Primary room today after church. My heart is very full.  Thank you CTR 6 class. These will go in a vase and brighten my life for many years to come.  Thank you for sweet notes on the back. And thank you Amanda Johnson for loving these children so very much. "This is the day the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment