Saturday, November 30, 2013

Down on the Farm...

Bailey was to have had a school field trip to a farm. The rain was so bad the day before that the fields at the farm would not support the weight of a school bus driving on them. So the field trip was postponed. I was to have gone on this field trip with Bailey.

When the trip was rescheduled, Andie let me know and it worked out that I could still go on the field trip to the farm with Bailey.  I went to LaGrange the night before and stayed with the Mini's. The next morning the family headed out to work and school and I got ready for the field trip.  In Oldham County the adults drive themselves to the field trip site instead of riding the bus with the kids. The farm was about 45 minutes from the Marx home.  I arrived early and was able to begin reading the 2nd book in the '39 Clues' series that Hayden loaned me.

The kids eventually arrived on their buses and we all headed down to the barn building area.  There were three first grade classes. Each class was its own group. They rotated through three different activities on the farm. Then they all met to eat their sack lunches together. 

The first activity for Bailey's group was learning about farm animals and petting the ones you were allowed to pet. The second activity was the horse barn and riding and learning about the horses. The third activity for Bailey's group was the hayride. This ended in the corn field and a guide explained the process of raising corn.

Here are some pictures of our day at the farm.  Bailey is in a pink coat and is usually the first in line or at or near the end of lines.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
It was a beautiful day and the kids had a wonderful time.  Bailey road the bus back to school and I headed back to LaGrange. I would pick the kids up from Bear Care about 5pm. This gave me a few hours to myself. Treasured time. I stopped and bought me a soda and headed to the park. I parked in the parking lot, rolled down my windows for fresh air and curled up with the book Hayden loaned me. I would finish reading it before he got home from school.
 
After picking up the kids, I cut Bailey's bangs and listened while Hayden read his part for the program he would be in the next day.  Michael got home and we looked at the pictures from Bailey's field trip. Then I headed back to Sadieville.
 
On the drive to LaGrange the night before and on the drive home, there was a very bright object in the sky below the moon. It stayed there the entire hour and a half I drove over and then back home.  Michael and I thought it might be the ISS (International Space Station).  I sent Jake an eMail as he is very knowledgable about all things space related.  Jake told me I was seeing the planet Venus.  Amazing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment