Saturday, November 30, 2013

Ladies and Blankets...

Wednesday, November 6th, was Countryside Homemakers meeting.  This time I was the hostess. 

Being the hostess means I get to prepare and serve the entree for our lunch. What to do? What to do?  Since I spent several days cleaning out and putting in order my three binders full of recipes, I determined I would cook something myself. I have been known to ask Claude to smoke a brisket. However, this time I opted to prepare Chicken Divan. I love this recipe and figured I could prepare some of it the night prior and finish it up the day of the meeting. It all worked out perfectly. The ladies loved it.

This meeting was also the time for us be sure we had our four items to donate to the membership auction in December.  We had two items made and donated by the ladies and we needed to make two more.  Detta Wilson suggested at the October meeting that we make tied fleece Christmas throws.  We all agreed to that great idea. I purchased the fabric on sale. And we ended our meeting by tying the fleece blankets.
We are a crafty bunch of ladies. Pretty happy group as well.  Others helped but had to leave before we finished up.  Left to right are Detta Wilson, JoCarol Wilson, Janet Preston and Elaine Rutledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment