Monday, June 24, 2019

A Few Notes about Daily Life...

Monday, June 17th, I finally did something I have wanted to do for a long time. It was for Papa. He loves watermelon. His thing was it always had to be an enormous watermelon. There was a place in Arkansas he could get the biggest watermelons I have ever seen. We had a family reunion once in Indiana and there were 21 of us there. The watermelon Papa brought fed all of us and then some. Amazing. Anyway, he loves watermelon. They never serve it at the nursing home. And, he has no teeth to chew it. So, I blended up watermelon and put it in a cup with a straw and took it to him. He was so very happy to get to taste watermelon again. It was a good thing to do.

As I left the nursing home Tuesday, June 18th, I paused to take a picture of this sign. How many hours of my life have been spent here. It was under a different name and ownership when we first put my mother here. I wanted this picture so that when it is all finished, I have this to reflect and write about. I enjoy the flowers planted this year. They are very pretty. 
Also on the 18th, I was finishing my shower and put my hand up to turn off the water. It doesn't show really well in this picture but my ring finger was swollen and the skin was purple under the water. I have absolutely no idea why or when this happened. I showed it to Claude and he could tell immediately something was wrong. The knuckle bone above the ring stands out further than that same finger on my right hand. That could be arthritis. I believe something might have stung that finger because by the next day the swelling was down and color was normal. Funny thing was it never hurt or itched or stung at all. Strange. 
Sunday, June 23rd, I asked Aubrey to send me a new picture of Nelson. I don't get pictures from her as often as from Katelyn. She sent me these two. One is a .gif file of Nelson waving to us. These other is that amazing grin of his. Such a happy little boy.
Today, June 24th, Claude paid off our home! This is just amazing. It feels very, very good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment