Monday, June 24, 2019

Father's Day 2019

Two weeks before Father's Day I had an impression to get Claude an electric toothbrush for Father's Day. I search the ones in Walmart and picked the one I thought was best. I put it on the charge card with the other groceries and things I purchased that day. Then I made the mistake of giving Claude the receipt. Well, that is not a mistake, I always give him the receipts for items charged so he can match them with the bill. I just hoped this time he wouldn't look at the items purchased. But, alas, he did. "What is this charge for?" he asked? My reply, "It was supposed to be your gift for Father's Day." He was happy with the idea so he got his gift a mite earlier than Father's Day. However, on the Saturday before Father's Day I did go to the Kroger grocery store after visiting Papa and purchase Claude a rack of the barbecued ribs he so loves. I told him he also had to include that as part of his Father's Day.

On Father's Day he opened the package Nissa mailed to him. It contained a jar of really neat salsa and a pair of socks. Claude posed for me to take a picture of him to send her as a thank you. Claude was happy!
Andie was in Europe so Claude received this picture a day or so late. He and Andie share a love of a good tomato and enjoy trying all types of tomatoes. Andie assured her dad she was doing that in Europe with this picture to prove the bounty of color and kinds available to her to try. Claude was happy!
Jake called in the evening and they had a very nice father/son chat. Claude was happy!

Katelyn sent us this picture of Raelyn. She is now three years old and that puts her in Primary with the other Sunbeams. This was her first Father's Day to get to sing to the dads. This is always a highlight in any congregation of our Church on Father's Day. Katelyn had practiced with her at home and she was anxious and ready. She made sure her dad, Drew, came to Church with her to hear her sing. When it was time for the kids to perform, this little nugget marched right up front by herself and got her a spot in front. Drew was very happy with her and the performance. 
Katelyn posted pictures to say happy Father's Day to Drew. Such a sweet little family.
And there we have Father's Day 2019 celebrated and enjoyed by many.

No comments:

Post a Comment